Know about this? Rate It!
We could see this island from Howth harbour.
There are boat trips from the East Pier, Howth taking visitors, walkers, nature lovers, birdwatchers and school groups to the island , which is a bird sanctuary. They will also see the ruins of St Nessans Church dating back to 700AD and a 19thC Martello Tower.
When we were there in February there was no ferry so please check the website for the timetable etc.
Ireland's Eye - My favourite spot in all of Dublin
Ireland's Eye - My favourite spot in all of Dublin. If you have any appreciation for nature you'll love this little island that you can reach by taking an hourly trip boat from the Howth harbour in north Dublin.
The island has a massive breeding seabird colony that consists of Gannets, Guillemots, Puffins, Razorbills, Fulmars and various Gulls.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Dublin Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Graterford Hotels
- Isle of Palms Hotels
- Osman Sagar Hotels
- Amlan Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path