Know about this? Rate It!
Royal Canal Walk
If you happen to be in the Dublin 15 area (Castleknock/Blanchardstown/Clonsilla), you might want to talk a walk along the Royal Canal. It is not particularly strenous, though it is narrow and muddy. It is so quiet, you would not think you were in Dublin at all. The Dublin-Longford rail line goes parallel to the Canal.
I suggest you start off in Leixlip, which is on the River Liffey, on the Dublin-Kildare county boundary and keep on walking until Castleknock Marina, which is the 12th Lock on the canal. Co-incidentally, there is a fantastic bar at this spot, called (wait for it!) The Twelfth Lock! It is a lovely bar and let's face it, you will be parched for a drink and a loo break by then. There is a regular bus near here to take you back into Dublin City Centre. Or you can go back under the bridge to Castleknock train station to get you to Dublin
- Budget Travel
- Hiking and Walking
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Dublin Travel Guide
Explore the World
- New York City
- Sand Harbor Beach State Recreation Area Hotels
- Kampung Tanjung Lumpur Hotels
- Cocoa Beach Hotels
- Sugar Pine Point State Park Hotels
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path