Know about this? Rate It!
Roses are red, and yellow, and orange and white...
St. Anne's park is an big old demense left to the city by one of the Guinness families. The old house burned down decades ago and the central avenue now leads to a small raised site. The "front garden" of the house is mostly lawns, now used as football pitches. there's also tennis courts and a mini-golf. The "back garden" is woodland down to the coast - you can then walk out to the Bull Island (formed by longshore drift after the building of the harbour wall) which has an amazing beach.
The park, easily accessible by DART (suburban rail) and bus 123 has a phenomenal rose garden which is at its peak in June/July.
- Family Travel
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Hiking and Walking
St. Anne's Park
St. Anne's Park is another lovely park in Dublin. It is not the size of Phoenix Park but also not as crowded. One of the few places where Red Squirrels can be seen relatively easy. For a nice stroll where you can enjoy beautiful trees, birds and the scarcer of the two Squirrel species, St. Anne's is ideal.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Dublin Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Lapu-Lapu City Hotels
- Runaway Bay
- Virginia Beach
- Kampung Tanjung Lumpur Hotels
- Hobart Hotels
- Santorini Island
- Bodie Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path