Know about this? Rate It!
Swords-More than just an Airport!
For two years I worked in the North County Dublin town of Swords. It's 3 miles north of Dublin Airport, off the Dublin - Belfast route. It's approximately 15 miles away from Dublin City.
At first sight, it's just a one-street village but the surrounding industrial and housing estates demonstrate otherwise.
Had to put that one in :) Swords main st has Loooooooads of pubs, so that wont be a problemo.
Most of the listed pubs are on the Main st
The Lord Mayors - a "local" pub, with cocktail nights and big-screen sports nights. DJs at the weekend, I used to go here a lot.
Wrights - very swish for Swords.
The Hawthorn - middle aged clientele
The Star - a bit rough at the weekends, but great food.
The Slaughtered Lamb - lovely name for a bar, isnt it? :) It's a very nice bar for those Friday after-work sessions.
There really isnt much, tourist-wise to do in Swords. It's mainly a residental area.
However you could visit Swords Castle. It's just ruins now though.
If you have access to a car, you could drive out to Malahide beach, it's only a few minutes away.
Lots of nice Italian restaurants in Swords, there is actaully a sizeable Italian population working in the call-centres here, as well as Spanish.
Trentino - main st.
Paparazzi - behind Peter Marks
Don Carlo - above Londis
"Irish" food - The Old Schoolhouse restaurant.
All the pubs I've listed do excellent food too
- Road Trip
- Castles and Palaces
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Dublin Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Horseshoe Beach Hotels
- New York State
- Fort Myers Beach
- Mackinac Island Hotels
- Aqaba Hotels
- Camp Borden Hotels
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path