Abrakebabra, Dublin

Most places near city or town centre.

• Abrakebabra
    by BillNJ
  • Abrakebabra
    by BillNJ
  • BillNJ's Profile Photo

Abrakebabra: Doner Kebabs and Chips

by BillNJ Updated Dec 4, 2009

On my last night in Dublin, I decided to eat a quick meal at Abrakebabra -- an Irish fast food chain with an international menu. In particular, I wanted to have the house specialty -- a doner kebab with chips. It was tasty -- and very messy (because of the sauces). This meal is especially popular with the late-night pub crowd.

The photo is of the location in the Temple Bar area (which I passed), but I ate at another location on Westmoreland Street which had a larger seating area.

Favorite Dish: Doner Kebab with chips

• axekick's Profile Photo

Abrakebabra: Veggie burgers are OK

by axekick Written Mar 26, 2006

Apparently this is owned by a member of Westlife...I didn't let that put me off though, it looked a lot cleaner than your average late night kebab shop.

I recommend the veggie burger, it tasted great. However due to the level of my blood alcohol at the time I can not be completely sure that it was in fact veggie, but that's just my own paranoia and shouldn't put you off from trying it for quick, cheap grub.

Favorite Dish: I had a veggie burger, it tasted very very good indeed....but I was drunk at the time and didn't quite dare the next day when I was sober.

My husband had a plain kebab and fet the same!

• Tekae79's Profile Photo

Abrakebabra (everywhere like McDonalds): Beautiful baguettes at Abrakebabra!!

by Tekae79 Updated Nov 22, 2004

Basically a quick food joint, like McDonalds serves burgers, pizzas, kebabs, but the nicest thing i had there was the baguette with chicken or steak filling (i prefer chicken spicy), you can have it on its own or a baguette meal with fries and drink costs about 6-8 euros.

Favorite Dish: Chicken baguette - oh so nice!! Beautif..ullff!!

Instant Answers: Dublin