Auld Dubliner, Dublin

by Jefie
  • cjg1's Profile Photo

Auld Dubliner: Cool Pub. First Bulmers For Tania

by cjg1 Updated Feb 1, 2008

I have been here twice now. My first time was during my trip to Dublin in January 2004. It was here where I introduced Tania to her first Bulmers. I hear they’ve been getting along just fine ever since. We also had dinner here one night during that trip.

My second visit came years later when I came back to Dublin in November 2007. We used this place for a cheap pub like dinner on a Friday night. I had a Guinness stew and she had the cheeseburger. It was just a quick, easy and fairly cheap option for dinner. We did decide to move on for dessert though.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Auld Dubliner: Here for a pint or two :)

by Gypsystravels Updated Mar 3, 2009

We needed to stop and rest for a bit after some Dublin exploring and while walking along Temple Bar we happened to come across this bar and decided to walk in and have a few drinks.

As we walked in we decided to sit at the bar and order a few pints of Guinness ....now, I am not much of a beer drinker, especially a heavy beer like Guinness, but I was in Dublin after all, so we each ordered a pint. I don't know much about beers, but I do know I didn't care too much for the Guinness.

During our stay the bar started to get more and more crowded. There was also live entertainment, a young man with a guitar singer, he actually sang really good.

We enjoyed ourselves for about an hour, then it was time to do some more exploring.

Favorite Dish: We each ordered a pint of Guinness

• Jefie's Profile Photo

The Auld Dubliner: Dinner to the sound of traditional Irish music!

by Jefie Written May 17, 2009

We got hungry as we were walking around in the Temple Bar area and after looking at a few menus, we decided to give The Auld Dubliner a try. There was a live music session going on and the place was packed so we decided to head up to the second floor. Service was fast, but as we couldn't hear the music from downstairs, the place seemed kind of dead and our waiter wasn't too friendly so we quickly grabbed our things and finished our meal downstairs. The music was great, and so was the atmosphere. The food was OK - the chicken wings were a bit greasy but my chicken curry was pretty tasty. I can't say that we were paying much attention to the food at that point anyhow, we were too busy enjoying the beer and the music! So for a light, casual dinner in a fun atmosphere I'd say The Auld Dubliner is a pretty good choice - if you're looking for something more fancy, you probably should look elsewhere.

The Auld Dubliner in Temple Bar The Auld Dubliner in Temple Bar Dinner at The Auld Dubliner

• Kodi01's Profile Photo

Auld Restaraunt and Pub: Great traditional Irish food

by Kodi01 Updated Feb 2, 2004

This is a picture of the wall exit as you leave. It had the cross and many writings. Sorry I could not capture it as I wanted with such a small hallway space.

Favorite Dish: I had Irish stew at this pub. It was very tasty.

Instant Answers: Dublin