Cafe Bar Deli, Dublin

Exterior shot of Cafe Bar Deli
    by pontiff
  • Cafe Bardeli/Bewley's: wheelchair accessible restaurant w/ good food

by mmbmi Updated Apr 4, 2011

The food is very good at this restaurant. It is one of the few restaurants with wheelchair accessible toilets and access on Grafton. I totally recommend the mackerel pate and the pizzas (beef and jalapeno pizza was great). If you do order a pizza, the portion size is big enough for at least 2 people to share. Make sure to stock up on tea from Bewley's before you go back to your home country (if it is not readily available in your home country).

Favorite Dish: Mackerel pate.

• sus1973's Profile Photo

Cafe Bar Deli: Great great great

by sus1973 Updated Apr 4, 2011

What to say about this restaurant/deli/bar/cafe? We went there after a shopping trip to Grafton St. with acking feet and cold everything else longing for a cup of coffe. The waitress was so friendly with us we decided to go back for dinner the next day. And boy, I am glad we did. It was last wednesday and it was crowded, however we didn't wait long. We ordered the homemade bread to start and share and then both of us pizza; everything was so good and tasty. We couldn't make it to dessert but I bet they were just as good. Price was reasonable and atmosphere was so nice just as the waiters; portions are big. great value and a really nice place to dine. If I go back to Dublin this is a place I will definetely go back to.

Favorite Dish: any pizza.

• lashr1999's Profile Photo

Cafe Bar Deli: Cafe Bar Deli

by lashr1999 Updated Apr 4, 2011

After finishing a tour our bus left off at Grafton Street. Our hunger compelled us to find a place to eat. The sounds of Brewley’s on Grafton Street intrigued my mother and I so we went in. There are four levels. On the top level there is a café theater. On the ground floor there is a café and patisserie serving breakfast, tea, coffee and pastries from 8.00am. We wanted to sit down and eat so we headed up. On the second floor there is a fish restaurant called Mackerel. Since I do not eat sea food I almost walked out of the place. However, one of the staff told us that on the first and ground level toward the back there is a restaurant called Café Bar Deli. It was here that we headed. The interior is a traditional mix of dark wood, amber glass, and deep red velvet. This place Bewley's which we stumbled upon is an Irish institution it first opened in 1840. When we received the menu we wanted to try something different. I had the pizza with Roasted red peppers, pinenuts, tomato, goats cheese, mozzarella and basil pesto while my mother ate the Egg tagliatelle w/ chicken, roast peppers & pesto cream. While we waited we had some of the soup which was ok. When the food came out the pizza was a bit burned in the crush however the combination of ingredients were excellent. My mother liked her dish as well and I liked the forkful I manage to steal off her plate. Many Irish people as well as tourist go here so the person watching is good. You can do this while you eat.

Favorite Dish: The pizza with Roasted red peppers, pinenuts, tomato, goats cheese, mozzarella and basil pesto and the Egg tagliatelle w/ chicken, roast peppers & pesto cream

• pontiff's Profile Photo

Cafe Bar Deli: Voted Dublin's Best Restaurant... and it is!

by pontiff Updated Apr 4, 2011

Exterior shot of Cafe Bar Deli

Cafe Bar Deli isn't a cafe, nor a bar, nor a deli, nor a restaurant... yet it embodies all of these things.

This place won the award in 2004 for the best restaurant/eatery in Dublin. I can see why.

I love it, very much. It's good value, it's got a good menu, the place is buzzing, the food is excellent, it's warm, it's spacious, it's in a historic building... it just has everything.

A trip to Dublin wouldn't be complete without it.

Favorite Dish: Their pizzas are great. So first thing you do is ask what the special pizza of the day is, because they change it frequently.

Failing that, go for the Chicken salad with bread squares, and if you're feeling really peckish, make sure you go for the add-bacon option.

Best tip til last though. The brownies with cream and ice cream are the best dessert I've ever had, anywhere. Seriously.

Instant Answers: Dublin