Cornucopia, Dublin

by LauraWest
    Awesome.
    by ani10881
  • ani10881's Profile Photo

Cornucopia: Veggie Gem on the Emerald Isle !!!

by ani10881 Updated May 22, 2007

Awesome.

After a week of greasy chips & curry, and veggie burgers (actually more like deep-fried coleslaw+potato burgers with mayo), it was such sweet relief to finally have the healthiest, tastiest meal during our entire trip to Ireland. The area is pretty snug (like a wide hallway), and I was wondering if we would be able to grab seats. Luckily, there was bar seating alond the restaurant window, which made for decent people-viewing. Pour your own water near the front door. Friendly and efficient, I was barely standing in line before my order was taken. Also listed on the chalkboard menus, is the diet specifications for each item: GF- gluten free, etc....Info that's good to know. Cornucopia kind of reminds me of Food For Thought in Covent Garden (London): you can see what you get, good value, great quality vegan/vegetarian.

Favorite Dish: Actually, the only dish I tried was the sun-dried tomato Mediterranean polenta w/ roasted veggies and pesto. You got 2 options for side salads, so I chose the fruit salad and mixed greens. It came out to about 11.20 euro (or 11.50?), and the total portion you receive is not skimpy. Nice variety of sides and baked treats, too!

• LauraWest's Profile Photo

Cornucopia: Healthy & Attractive Place to Relax

by LauraWest Written Jul 15, 2005

my vt friend Gaby!!!

This was my first meal in Ireland! I knew about it from vt & Gaby had been to it before. It was very a pleasant space & good - ALL VEGETARIAN - food, too. It is sort of a cafeteria style place. You can get good coffee here, too. The staff is very young & hip looking.

I took this photo of Gaby at our table. Thanks, Gaby, for approving the use of this photo! And for being such a wonderful hostess for Dublin & a great friend, too. I had such a great time everywhere we went!!! THANKS SO MUCH !!!!

• sarahandgareth's Profile Photo

Cornucopia: Vegetarian - and definitely not bland!

by sarahandgareth Updated Jul 16, 2003

Cornucopia has been around for years, and for good reason: they make some of the tastiest, freshest vegetarian food in the city. The menu changes daily, and the signboard makes clear exactly what is, and what is not, in each of the main menu items, which always come with a couple of salads. It’s a popular spot, often with a queue, but a place, even if a small one, always seems to free itself up just as you start to look for a seat, tray in hand.

Favorite Dish: On our last visit, we had a stir-fry curry and a vegetarian moussaka, plus generous helpings of salads: we'd recommend both, which were very tasty, and filled us up for some more tourism.

Instant Answers: Dublin

Comments

Hotels Near Cornucopia
4.5 out of 5 stars