Foley's Bar and Restaurant, Dublin

by Carino
  • Foley's Bar and Restaurant
    by jess_march
  • jess_march's Profile Photo

Foley's Bar and Restaurant: Foley's: An Authentic Irish Night Out!

by jess_march Written Dec 14, 2005

I happened into Foley's one evening with some friends while visiting Dublin. What luck!! We got satisfying pub food, pints of cider, friendly service, and what do you know but an authentic Irish bad playing ballads and jigs. I could almost hear my Irish ancestors smiling down upon me. If you're going to Dublin for a real Irish experience, this was it for me.

Favorite Dish: If it's music you're after, be sure to call ahead and see that something is schedule for the night you plan to be there.

• Foley's Bar and Restaurant: Valentines Day Meal

by Mariajoy Updated Feb 25, 2005

A bad photo of Foleys.

A very small restaurant above a pub - they were doing a special Valentines Day menu with a complimentary glass of champagne. The restaurant has a lovely ambiance and the staff are very attentive.

There was a young chap named William who sang and played his harmonica and guitar all evening and even played requests - if he knew them. On the evening that we were there a large group of Americans requested Beatles songs all night. They wanted raucous. He only knew mellow. He did his best. It was a fun evening.

Favorite Dish: We had a meal of tomato and basil soup, lemon sorbet, salmon, garlic potatoes, and lovely steamed vegetables with icecream and coffee to finish.

At the end of the meal ladies were presented with a single red rose. I don't know why but I gave mine to the homeless person along the street. What he really needed was a meal.

The restaurant is open every day serving A La Carte Dinner from 5pm. Lunches are from 12 noon to 5pm including Sunday Brunch. The bar is open late and they have traditional Irish music every evening.

• Carino's Profile Photo

Foley's Bar and Restaurant: Lunch

by Carino Written Feb 16, 2004

Another place we found by chance. They just opened for the day and we were happy to get some food for our starving stomachs!

The Service was just great!

Favorite Dish: I had a late Breakfast with all the necessary parts of a good English Breakfast. It was around11 Euro.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Foley's Bar and Restaurant: Merrion Square Pub

by acemj Updated Jul 9, 2003

I went in here for lunch based on the suggestion of a hotel doorman in Merrion Square. He was right! The atmosphere was good. Dark, with lots of locals. And the beer was cold. I also had an excellent wild mushroom soup and some tea. All this for about 7 euros!!

Instant Answers: Dublin

Comments

Hotels Near Foley's Bar and Restaurant
4.5 out of 5 stars