Leo Burdock Fish & Chips, Dublin

by Gypsystravels
  • agarcia's Profile Photo

Leo Burdock Fish & Chips: Deliciously unhealthy

by agarcia Updated Apr 4, 2011

Leo Burdock at Werburgh St.

If you don’t bother about little and irrelevant details such as your blood pressure and cholesterol level, maybe you should give a try to the grassy and actually delicious local fish & chips of Leo Burdock. The placement of their main restaurant could not be more convenient and if the food and the location doesn’t appeal you, maybe the list of famous people that once enter the restaurant will:

“TOM CRUISE, DAVID GINOLA, ROBBIE KEANE, LIAM NEESON, NEIL JORDAN, NAOMI CAMPBELL, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN, U2, DEF LEPPARD”

Or so they assure in their web site. I cannot imagine Naomi Campbell holding a paper cone full of grassy chips, though. ;-)

Favorite Dish: I’m afraid their menu is composed mainly with fish & chips.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Leo Burdock: Leo Burdock: the best fish & chips in Dublin

by call_me_rhia Updated Apr 4, 2011

the inventor of the secret batter recipe

it's your typical fish and chips take-away place. Apparently the secret of their wonderful fish is in the secret batter they use. But I would add that what helps its taste is the distinctive newspaper taste the fish aquires while you take it home.
    leo Burdock is an dublin institution: it claims to have as its customers tom cruise, robbie keane, liam neeson, neil jordan, naomi cambell, bruce springsteen, def leppard and U2. Having eaten there many times, I don't fail to doubt it.

Favorite Dish: smoked cod and chips. With salt and vinegar

• BeatChick's Profile Photo

Leo Burdock's Fish & Chips: The Touchstone for Fish & Chips

by BeatChick Updated Dec 27, 2010

Christ Church - Benches for Fish & Chips

I've been dreaming about Leo Burdock's Fish & Chips for YEARS ever since an Irish resto in my hometown declared themselves as the best fish & chips outside of Burdock's in Dublin. High praise, indeed. So the first thing we did when we made it to Dublin was to head to Werburgh Street for the best fish & chips in the world. And it was! So good we ate there 3 times.

Apparently, the thing to do is to take your fish & chips to Christ Church, sit on a bench and sup there. If it's late, then go up the street and around the corner to your left. You'll find some steps suitable for late night dining. You'll know you're in the right place when you see the taxis lined up in front of you. When you're done, take a cab home!

Fish & chips are 10euro.

Favorite Dish: Fish & chips - the chips are probably a little underdone for me; I think next time I'll ask if they can crisp them up a bit for me. Otherwise, they're just perfect. And doused with vinegar & salt the fish is sublime. Mmm... Wish I could go back just for that.

Photo: April 2010

• mkvalya's Profile Photo

Leo Burdock Fish & Chips: great!

by mkvalya Written Nov 15, 2006

great fish and chips at leo burdock's ...at the shop in the epicurean food hall.
    the epicurean food hall is really in the city centre.
    leo burdock's is cheap and nice.

Instant Answers: Dublin