Places to eat in Dublin

Most Viewed Restaurants in Dublin

The Norseman: Named for the Wooden Man

by Maryimelda Updated Dec 1, 2014

Anyone who has been to Dublin in recent years may remember a pub in Temple Bar called Farrington's. That same pub after a refit of sorts is now known as The Norseman which brings it almost full circle back to its roots. To find out why check this link:

Favorite Dish: The proprietors of The Norseman describe the food there as pub grub at its best and I would certainly agree. We were there for lunch and I chose the Seafood Chowder as I always do in Ireland. I am on a perpetual quest to find the best chowder in the country and so if it is on the menu, I will order it. I still have not found one that is any better than any other, so I guess I have no choice but to keep on looking. It's an awful job but someone has to do it!!!

Do give The Norseman a try when next you are in Temple Bar in Dublin.

Rody Boland's: Another wonderful bar/restaurant

by Maryimelda Written Dec 1, 2014

Rody Boland's is another wonderful Irish bar/restaurant which has atmosphere and character by the bucketload. The food is just like mother used to make and there is plenty of it on your plate at the right price.

The décor is typical of what you expect to find in Ireland and can easily be described as comfortable.

Favorite Dish: I had Shepherd's pie which was very "home made" and a huge serve which I couldn't manage to eat. This was very disappointing for me because it was absolutely delicious.

Mother Reilly's: Inhouse at Uppercross House

by Maryimelda Updated Nov 30, 2014

The food at Mother Reilly's is of high but homely standard. There are many choices on the menu and the serves are plentiful and hearty. The restaurant/pub is attached to the Uppercross House Hotel where we stayed during our visit to Dublin.

I loved the ageing décor which had a definite Irish flair about it and consequently a great atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: I had the Seafood Chowder and Steve had a wonderful looking chicken dish which looked absolutely scrumptious.

O'Donaghues of Suffolk Street: Favorite Pub in Dublin

by jmpncsu Written Oct 3, 2014

O'Donoghues of Suffolk Street, which is a different pub than the more famous O'Donoghues, is a great little pub on Suffolk Street, right in the heart of the tourist district. The first time we visited, we came for dinner. The downstairs bar area was very crowded so we headed to the upstairs to eat. The food was good and the service was fantastic. The bartender/waiter Joe was the only person on and had to run upstairs multiple times to take and deliver our food and drink orders. Despite being super busy, he provided great service. I did run down to the bar for my drink orders to save him the trouble of another trip. We had such a nice dining experience, we came back the next night after dinner for drinks and to hang out at the bar. Joe was the bartender again and we had a great time drinking and chatting. It was busy again, but he always made sure our drinks were full and we were taken care of. I don't really care for Guinness and prefer craft beers. Joe poured me some samples of all the IPAs and other Irish craft beers that they had on tap so I could find something I really liked. Overall, we had a great experience and this is the first place we would stop to eat or drink the next time we are in Dublin.

• solopes's Profile Photo

Nancy Hands: My best meal in Ireland

by solopes Updated Oct 2, 2014

In my previous readings, Nancy Hands is always referred as Pub, and it is, but it also serves excellent meals. The decoration has good taste and is welcoming, the service is nice, the ambiance is soft and familiar, and the food is perfect.

After all, the prices are correct. I have no reasons to complaint about Irish food, but this was my best experience there.

A perfect dinner, by the river.

Dublin - Ireland

• solopes's Profile Photo

Knightsbridge (Arlington Hotel): Dinning with live music

by solopes Updated Oct 2, 2014

When you want to have dinner with local live music, and, to do it, have to go to another hotel, where do you post the tip? My main purpose was dinning, so I'll put it here.

I must say that, for a reasonable price, we passed a so amused night, with good music and folk dancing, that I don't remember the food. And that is good.

The beer ("mandatory" in Dublin, even for me, that usually don't appreciate it), tasted good.

Dublin - Ireland Dublin - Ireland

Ukiyo Bar: Sushi in Dublin

by jmpncsu Written Oct 1, 2014

After a couple days of traditional Irish food, my wife and I were looking for something different. We found Ukiyo Bar, a sushi restaurant, right in the middle of the tourist area of downtown Dublin. It was a good choice. The food was good, the service was good, and the prices were surprisingly reasonable. Sushi is generally expensive and everything in Dublin is expensive, so it was nice to get reasonably priced meals. We both got the daily special - Bento Box that came with three small dishes as well as a salad and miso soup. One of the dishes was a California roll and the other two were Asian dishes with noodles and meat (I forget the names). But everything was quite good and the portions were a good size. Sometimes I find myself still hungry after eating sushi, but not after we ate here. Overall, we had a nice dining experience and would recommend Ukiyo is you're in downtown Dublin and looking for something besides Shepherd's Pie and Guinness Stew!

Blarney Inn: First Drink in Ireland

by jmpncsu Written Aug 20, 2014

We had our first drink and meal in Ireland at Blarney Inn. After a long flight to Dublin, we had checked into our hotel and then walked down towards the tourist area. We were quite hungry and decided to stop at Blarney Inn, right along Nassau Street near Trinity College. The restaurant is part of Kildare Street Hotel and is in a great location to get some food or drinks after sightseeing in the main tourist area. When we arrived, it was a little late for lunch but still before dinner, so the restaurant wasn't too crowded, but our server was very attentive and friendly. She kept our drinks full and our food was brought out quickly. She even let us go behind the bar and took a group photo. We all started with an Irish beer and then had a hearty lunch of traditional Irish food. I had the Shepperd's Pie and it was very good and everyone else enjoyed their food as well. Overall, a nice Irish dining experience and we would eat here again the next time we visit Dublin.

Blarney Inn

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Queen of Tarts: Delicious pastries and cakes!!!

by Gillybob Written Aug 10, 2014

This pastry shop and cafe has a stunning selection of options; it's truly a place where I couldn't be trusted. I made my mind up and ordered quickly and then went and took my seat so that I couldn't contemplate the options any further.

• stevemt's Profile Photo

Mother Reilly's Bar & Restaurant: Great food and great drinks

by stevemt Written Aug 1, 2014

Mother Reilly's is attached to the Uppercross House Hotel, and is an entity in it's own right.

The service is great, the food really good and the ambiance enjoyable

Highly recomended.

Favorite Dish: The chowder was great as well as the open sandwich.

• iaint's Profile Photo

Benito's: good pizza

by iaint Written Jun 1, 2014

If you happen to be in Dalkey (a tip on that should follow) and feel like pizza, try Benito's.

I was there late afternoon on a summer Saturday, and choose it from many places on offer in the "village" centre.

Good service, friendly place, and good service.

My pizza (Mediteranea - pepper, feta, olives & courgette) was €14.50. A big pizza, but pricey. To be expected in Dalkey, I reckon. A small glass of house red was €5.50. Yes, pricey again.

The good news - tap water was offered and is free. Service charge is optional. I did leave 10%.

Favorite Dish: Lovely pizza.

• Beaches
    • Water Sports
    • Sailing and Boating

• DAO's Profile Photo

NOSH: GOURMET FISH AND CHIPS

by DAO Written May 21, 2014

Nosh keeps things simple. Small menu, pleasant surroundings, effortless service and well created food. I had fish & chips. In fact the best chips ever, with gourmet mushy peas. Only Nosh could make that possible. I only wish they had a bigger menu. What they do have is fantastic. My Caesar Salad was delicious, my beer cold and Italian and my bread homemade served with humus. In fact, it all seemed to be. Nosh is a very nice dinning experience. I booked on the OpenTable website and had a candlelit window table waiting. That’s top class. They keep it simple and delicious here.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

The Bank

by Gili_S Written Nov 6, 2013

The Bank is not the usual place on this side of the Atlantic, I got into it by accident while hanging around the city, it was looking interesting and I was curious. It is surely not another typical Irish Pub, it is more like American actually, but here I could enjoy a good cup of Irish Coffee with good live music in the background with a talented pianist that play popular songs on his own original arrangements.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Sheehan’s: Sheehan’s

by Gili_S Written Nov 6, 2013

Sheehan’s was yet another of the local pubs we visited, this is a great place for someone who want to experience local drink and food. It is located in the centre on Chatham Street. Here I could have an excellent Beamish Stout for a change as well as a nice snack of Fish & Chips.

Favorite Dish: Beamish Stout

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Dunderry Lodge Restaurant: Off the Beaten Path but worth a journey

by Beausoleil Updated Oct 24, 2013

Nearing the end of a month in Ireland, we decided to spend a couple nights near Trim to visit New Grange and Knowth. We found Cranmor House B&B which was lovely. Anne, our hostess, recommended Dunderry Lodge Restaurant in the tiny nearby village of Dunderry so we drove over.

It’s wonderful. You are seated in the lounge by the fireplace and they take your order. You relax in the lounge, with drinks if you like, and when your meal is ready, they come and get you, seat you and serve you immediately.

Favorite Dish: Ed had pork meatballs for a starter and I had a rich seafood chowder. We both got roast breast of duck and it was superb. They serve the vegetables family style which is nice. I took more than my fair share of autumn squash mashed and wonderfully seasoned! We were much too full for dessert but I’m sure those would be equally good. The price was very reasonable for the quality.

We wanted to return the next night for another dinner but they are closed on Monday so we had to find another restaurant. This was definitely worth a second trip and certainly worth the rather long jaunt out from Dublin. Certainly if you were staying anywhere near Trim, it would be great.

Fax: +353 046 943-7622

Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
Buswells Hotel
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews

Instant Answers: Dublin

Comments

Dublin Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Dublin locals.
Map of Dublin