Milano's, Dublin

• doug48's Profile Photo

Milano's: temple bar

by doug48 Updated Apr 4, 2011

milano

milano's is a very good italian restaurant in the temple bar area. located in an area that is known for it's high prices. milano's offered excellent italian food at moderate prices. i would recommend this restaurant when in the temple bar area.

• Castles and Palaces
    • Architecture

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Milano: Pizza in Ballsbridge

by Dabs Written Sep 25, 2010

Milano is the same company as Pizza Express that you find in England, it has the same logo and a similar menu so I'm not sure why there is a different name in Ireland. There are several locations in Dublin, we ate at the one near the Mespil Hotel, where we were staying, with Anne Marie (annemariebyrne) as it was convenient to our hotel and to where we needed to be later in the evening.

We ate inside in the spacious dining room, there is also al fresco dining overlooking the Grand Canal although it's always a dicey proposition to eat outdoors in a country where the weather system could change several times during one meal!

Favorite Dish: I used to really like their pizzas but the last few times I have found them to be a bit overpriced and lacking in toppings. It may vary by franchise but the last time I ate at one in London I was disappointed and although the meal was OK at this location, it's over priced and not a place I would recommend over the better options that we found for meals.

We ordered a couple of starters, calamari al forno (€6.95) and a mixed side salad (€4.95), Ok but the portion size small on the calamari, really only enough for one person. I ordered the American pizza with pepperoni on the thinner Romana crust (€14.30) and if I went again I would stick to the smaller thicker classic crust as all the larger crust seemed to do was thin out the already sparse toppings.

Dinner without drinks for the three of us was €53.55, crikey I could get three Chicago deep dish pizzas for that and be eating them for a couple of weeks!!!

• sarahandgareth's Profile Photo

Milano's: Tasty, fresh pizza

by sarahandgareth Updated Apr 4, 2011

Milano's is part of the UK-based Pizza Express group - but there's no chain feel here. They focus on exceptionally fresh ingredients at decent prices in the kind of setting you don't associate with pizza: modern settings with sleek service and a decent wine list.

If that makes the place sound pretentious, then you're mistaken, for they are friendly and welcoming, and the food is consistently good. They serve a relatively small range of pastas, too, but they've taken care not to stray too far from the basics, and you can watch them make pizza in at least one of the Dublin locations (the one on the quays).

Favorite Dish: Pizza, plain and simple. Well, not so plain and simple, since they had some unusual topping combinations that would probably have purists concerned. The Parmense was excellent, as was the Soho, covered in rocket (arugula). We enjoyed the baked dough balls - a simple and wickedly tempting idea! - and the bruschetta to start, too.

Instant Answers: Dublin

Comments

Hotels Near Milano's
4.0 out of 5 stars