Temple Bar, Dublin

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Temple Bar: Tourist fun!

by Beausoleil Updated Oct 21, 2013
    Temple Bar

Temple Bar is a bar in Temple Bar (a section of Dublin). It is very old and very touristy and very fun. We had just arrived in Dublin that morning, walked and bused all over Dublin and were jet lagged from our flight. We were walking through the Temple Bar area looking for a place to eat and this looked pretty good so we went in. We shared the Pub with half of Sweden since they were playing Ireland in a football match of some sort. It was pretty rowdy and loads of fun.

They had traditional Irish music although it was so loud we couldn’t talk and we were in another room. They could have done without the speakers and it would have seemed more traditional too.

All in all, the food was good and the service excellent. We had a great time.

Favorite Dish: Peg got a burger and pint; Ed got Irish stew and I got braised lamb. Two of us had Smithwicks and one had Guiness and we all enjoyed them. The food was excellent.

• Beer Tasting

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Temple Bar: Tourist Headquarters

by painterdave Written Apr 28, 2011

They got the name first! And living off the name.....Crowded, slow service... no, very slow service. We ordered...waited 30 minutes, other tables that arrived after us got service, food, beer, and yet.. we sit. Since you have to pay up front, we waited.....and waited... I asked twice, where's the food? I was told that since we ordered oysters, this was making the service slower. What a joke.
    If you want to visit a pub, don't choose this one. I wasn't the only one dissatisfied, we saw other patrons give up and leave.
    Did I mention crowded???? Doesn't rate a foto.
    We left feeling ripped off. Is this how you want to feel about Dublin? Skip it.

Favorite Dish: Surprisingly, the oysters were fresh.

• Beer Tasting

• littlesam1's Profile Photo

The Temple Bar: Be a tourist and enjoy The Temple Bar

by littlesam1 Written Mar 26, 2009

The Temple Bar is historic. Its old. Its touristy. Its in The Temple Bar District. I had a tee shirt shop attached to it. Some people would run in the other direction from a place like this. But not me. I was in Dublin to have fun. So we did a pub crawl in The Temple Bar District. And we went to the actual Temple Bar. And yes, I did buy a tee shirt.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Temple Bar: Ate here too

by cjg1 Updated Feb 1, 2008

This is yet another place I’ve been to twice. The first time we used it for dinner on our second to last night. Being this was 4 years ago now I do not remember much about it.

My latest visit we just hung out by the bar and had a beer or two. The place was packed with Newcastle fans watching the match and that is always good fun. We stayed for about an hour as a shower blew through.

I do recommend this place as the atmosphere was good during the match.

• Alex_71's Profile Photo

Temple Bar: Guinness!

by Alex_71 Written Oct 16, 2006

This is one of the most famous pub in the Temple bar area.It's very informal and friendly,and obiusvly you can taste the guinness(like in every pub of ireland!).There are lots of students but also dubliners.Interesting is an area in the center of the pub that is for smokers.The problem of this pub that is ever full pf people so it's not easy to seat,but if you want just to drink a beer and meet lots of people,that's your place

Favorite Dish: Obiusvly the Guinness:-) I haven't try oysters with guinness 'couse they made it just for lunch(and i'm not able to eat not cooked fish in the morning),but it's a local dish very used in this pub.

• jeoren's Profile Photo

Temple Bar: Pancakes

by jeoren Written Jul 25, 2005

In the westpart of Temple Bar, located along the main street throught Temple Bar, there is a Italian-like restaurant where you can eat some simple but unique meals with names as 'Monkey Business' (a pancake with Nutella on it)..

Good stuff for a low price.

• Elephant & Castle: Goot enough to eat!

by hennesgm2101 Written Aug 29, 2003

This place is in prime position in Temple Bar so after a hearty feast you only have to tumple out the door to be in the middle of the nightlife and party on til the wee hours of the morning! But thats not the half of it-Elephant & castle has the most mouthwatering food in the city in my opinion-for a reasonable price and all! Good atmosphere-but you will undoubedly be turned away for a half hour because its full so go early!

• School Holidays

• elcolibri's Profile Photo

Temple Bar: Miso Wine & Noodle Bar

by elcolibri Written May 25, 2005
    Miso Wine & Noodle Bar

Miso is a noodle bar in Temple Bar. The menu is fresh and interesting with a wide variety of choices. The food are good as both as the menu and service. Prize is about average in Temple Bar.

Instant Answers: Dublin

Comments

Hotels Near Temple Bar
4.0 out of 5 stars