The Shack, Dublin

• The Shack
    by Kay_C
    Outside looks barlike, but inside.....
    by Renescheffer
  • Renescheffer's Profile Photo

The Shack: Upmarket opposite the Temple bar.

by Renescheffer Updated May 6, 2004

Outside looks barlike, but inside.....

It is a kind off class you dont expect opposite the Temple bar - bar and the touristic area.
    We (4) had a lunch. Outside it looks pub-like but inside it is a real restaurant with wooden tables and chairs and white linen.
    Two had omelettes with sweet/nut bread (about 7 euro)
    One had a tunafisch tortilla wrap (6)
    I had seafood chowder with walnutbread bread (about 7)
    Thee was one Tea, two big glasses of white wine (6,50 each !) and one pint (4,40).
    Total costs: 44 euro for a very good lunch.
    The chowder was superb with big prawns and whitefisch. The portions are OK and the setting and attention of the waiters too.
    In the evening the cheap lunch meals are not avalible and it turns in a more upmarket restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Seefoodchowder, because of the tast and the big prawns. The two thick slices of sweet bread with nuts make it a full meal

• kentishgirl's Profile Photo

The Shack: I love this place

by kentishgirl Updated Oct 31, 2004

This was the venue for my 21st birthday! having said that it isnt a loud and brash kinda place, the food is absoloutley fantastic, the service brilliant.

I visited again many times after my birthday, and never had a bad experience.

There are ** two **, I would certainly say visit the restaurant on Lord Edward street although the restaurant located in Temple Bar is still good.

Favorite Dish: Deep Fried Brie
    Bannoffee Pie

• kehale's Profile Photo

The Shack: Great Fixed Price Menu

by kehale Written Dec 4, 2009

We ate here on our last night in Dublin. We had spent a great deal of time wandering around trying to find something that struck our interest. After looking at many places that didn't really appeal to us, we were drawn into "The Shack" because of their fixed price, early bird menu (served 12 until 7pm). A 3 course meal (starter, main and dessert) for only 14.95 euro.

The atmosphere is excellent! Small place with all seating located upstairs and washrooms and kitchen downstairs. Just be advised there is no bar - so all beer is poured from a bottle or can.

My boyfriend started with a salad and I with their smoked cheddar and broccoli soup. The soup was great! Not really creamy and heavy. For dinner my boyfriend ordered the Irish Stew and I the Seafood Pancake. Though the pancake was good, the sauce was too creamy for me after so many nights of heavy meals. Luckily, my boyfriend was nice enough to trade and I enjoyed their delicious Irish Stew. For dessert I had a dish of chocolate ice cream and my boyfriend ordered the Profiteroles which were absolutely delicious. Overall we were really happy with our meals and found it a great place to complete our time in Dublin.

• Kay_C's Profile Photo

The Shack in Temple Bar: The Shack in Temple Bar

by Kay_C Written Aug 25, 2002

Very warm and inviting atmosphere - lots of candles in beautiful wrought iron candleholders - great service and exceptional food.

Favorite Dish: Baked Brie in Cumberland Sauce and the Cabbage & Bacon were awesome. Also loved the mushroom soup and brown bread!

Instant Answers: Dublin

Comments

Hotels Near The Shack
723 Opinions