Toscana, Dublin

a little buddy I found on my travels
    by etraveller
  • Toscana Dame Street: Loved this place

by sadiabytyqi Written Jun 2, 2009

Found toscana by accident, the food at toscana was really nice, great portions, nice presentation and great value. I loved the atmosphere, very busy for a tuesday night, seemed to be filled with locals, there was a great buzz and they turned off all the lights and sang happy birthday to another table.

Favorite Dish: Tiger prawns were amazing, i never saw them so big and the taste was as impressive. Linguine pasta with chicken and prawns. The pasta was cooked al dente and the flavour of the pasta sauce for my partner she said was delicious.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Toscana: Don't Bother

by cjg1 Updated Feb 1, 2008

Now this place amazes me. They seem to think that money and service don’t matter. We walked in to an empty restaurant and were told they were too busy to seat us. Amazing. So they go talk to the manager and he comes and says they can fit us in if we rush. By this time we had already decided we were leaving but were polite about it and waited for them to return with this news.

Point being, when we went down the street and had our leisurely dinner and walked back bye it on our way to a cab, they were still stone cold empty.

Have fun going out of business.

• Toscana: Best Italian food Ive had in a long long time

by etraveller Written May 22, 2003
    a little buddy I found on my travels

Found this place by accident after visiting Dublin Castle. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced. Stayed for over an hour and had a great time with the staff. Definitely worth a visit.

Favorite Dish: Had some excellent bruschetta & garlic mushrooms for starters but the carbonara was superb. I'll be looking up this place again next time I visit Dublin.

Instant Answers: Dublin

Comments

Hotels Near Toscana
0 miles away