Wagamama, Dublin

Ginger Cheesecake
    Wagamama
  • Wagamama: Nostalgia at Wagamama

by YokuMoku Updated Jul 16, 2004

Smoke-free restaurant, finally I can breathe.

I used to visiting Wagamama in London so when I had a chance to go to Dublin, I decided to eat at Wagamama, partly for eating nostalgia, partly for comparing Wagamama restaurants from various locations. Besides, Wagamama is one of the smoke-free restaurants in Dublin. I love minimimalistic zen interior design, so visiting any places with that style is my hobby.

In its early years, it had great reviews due to its unique concept, but tastewise, Wagamama is nothing special. When I visited Wagamama in Dublin, I realized that it had expanded its menu.

• cpiers47's Profile Photo

Wagamama: Waga a What?

by cpiers47 Written Sep 28, 2007

Waiting in line is worth it for a taste of the Japanese cuisine offered by this noodle house. The seating style is cafeteria, with small shelves under the table for purses and coats. We were seated between a German family and a group of young Dubliners. Not really a place that inspires quiet conversation as you're competing with the wait staff and those around you. But, the service is very quick once you're seated, thanks to the staffs electronic ordering skills.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed shrimp tempura noodles (fried) but gazed longingly at the ramen bowls (soup) that kept coming past. The portions were huge but we didn't end up taking our leftovers back to the hotel because it wasn't convenient. May be good size for two moderately hungry people to share.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Wagamama: Chain noodle restaurant

by Dabs Updated Jul 27, 2009

I first found the Wagamama chain in London, it's a reasonably priced Japanese/noodle shop with many locations in many countries around the world, there are two in Ireland, Dublin and Cork. The dining is at communal tables and while there is frequently a wait, tables turn over quickly and service is speedy.

Favorite Dish: I was trying to detox from all the very bad food I had been eating so I ordered the complete Wagamama which included seafood ramen, three ebi goyza (deep fried prawn and vegetable dumplings) and choice of Tiger beer, glass of wine or glass of juice. The food at Wagamama always tastes fresh, the portions are ample, I probably only finished 1/2 of the seafood ramen.

• kehale's Profile Photo

Wagamama: The Old Reliable

by kehale Written Dec 14, 2009

This japanese noodle house I first enjoyed on my first visit to London in February of 2005. I have since made it a point of collecting their T-Shirts from each place I visit (I'm up to 4). So this was a stop that had to be made, simply to get the T-Shirt if nothing else.
    Located in St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre, it's located on the outside, and down a set of stairs. Unless you're looking for it, there is a good chance that you'll miss it since the sign is rather small and understated.
    We ate here on our first full day in Dublin after spending a great deal of time wandering around Grafton and many of the streets close by. If you haven't tried a Wagamama, it's definitely worth the visit. Great fresh meals and no shortage of selection!

Favorite Dish: The white chocolate ginger cheesecake! I know it's a dessert... but definitely my favorite thing on the menu!

• Rita_'s Profile Photo

Wagamama Noodle Bar: Best Japanese in Dublin!

by Rita_ Written Feb 15, 2006

Location map

Yummy noodles, no bookings, no smoking, glorified picnic tables, long benches and staff who bring casual dining to a new level...that's Wagamama!!!
    Not the best place for a first date, as you will be placed opposite your man on what can only be called a huge picnic table. Conversation isn't the easiest due to the level of activity going on, and you might end up fancying the guy next to you more than your date.
    The food is gorgeous - freshly prepared with the best Japanese ingredients... your waiter punches your order into a handheld electronic order-pad, sending it directly to the kitchen. Food and drink are ordered at the same time. You watch while your meal is prepared and as soon as each dish is ready it's served.

Extra information

• Deefstes's Profile Photo

Wagamama: Wagamama

by Deefstes Updated Feb 25, 2003

Wagamama - Very good Japanese restaurant
    Wagamama has a very Japanese setting and their service is quite good.

Favorite Dish: I can't remember the dishes anyway because they're all Japanese but it's a big treat everytime I go there.

• haimee's Profile Photo

Wagamama's

by haimee Updated Oct 26, 2002

dinner at wagamama, billy's not very happy

wagamama, a noodle bar that originated in London
    reasonable prices, simple environment (it reminded my friends of 1st grade art class)

Favorite Dish: chicken ramen---noodles and soup topped with grilled chicken breast and the
    fruit juice---mixture of apple,orange and passion fruit

• Wagamama: Nostalgia at Wagamama

by YokuMoku Written Jul 16, 2004

The food tastes ok, not so good, not too bad, just enough to fulfill my craving for something Asian in Ireland.

• dansc0tt's Profile Photo

Wagamama's: Cheap Noodles

by dansc0tt Written Mar 17, 2003
    Strange Teddy Behaviour

Part of the Wagamama's Chain. Decent nosh at a decent price and not normally too busy, though this may change when more people get to know about it!

Instant Answers: Dublin

Comments

Hotels Near Wagamama
4.5 out of 5 stars