Department Stores, Dublin

Know about this? Rate It!

• Department Stores
    by elafajna
    Speaks for Itself
    by SabrinaSummerville
    BT's at Night
    by SabrinaSummerville
  • Marks & Spencer's: Had the Doors Slammed on our Butts!

by ElaineCatherine Written Jan 11, 2007

Everyone knows Marks & Spencer's.

What to buy: You can buy everything and everything! I bought tons of undies there. (Does that mean Ive turned into an old lady?) My sister and I also bought some really pretty clothing that is different than the kind of stuff that we can buy in the US. We had shopped up and down Grafton Street. And then we went to M&S and found so much stuff we liked! We couldnt leave, we kept finding more and more stuff we wanted to try on and buy! We bought socks, undies, sweaters, blouses, and even shoes.

We stayed so long that we were actually the last customers in the store, and when we left, the slammed the massive red doors right on our asses! "SLAM"

• Marks & Spencer's: Had the Doors Slammed on our Butts!

by ElaineCatherine Written Jan 11, 2007

The Red Doors

Everyone knows Marks & Spencer's.

• BlueBeth's Profile Photo

Department Stores: Beautiful Irish Designed goodies

by BlueBeth Written Nov 24, 2006

Each time I go to Dublin I have to visit Kilkenny, by the college. The first time I went I absolutely fell in love with Anna Nielsen's black and white pen drawings...

She draws little people in jars and the words she adds to them are stunning. My boyfriend bought me one of a person asleep in a jar. The words are just gorgeous

As you sleep suggled up in your bed although I am not always with you I think of you. I am like a bright star in the sky......always watching over you from afar. Anna Nielsen

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Department Stores: Brown Thomas

by SabrinaSummerville Written Nov 13, 2006

Speaks for Itself

Brown Thomas (or BT's as it's known locally) and its satellite store BT2's are both situated on Grafton Street right in the centre of Dublin's south side shopping area.

BT2's is the place to go for clothes for children and young adults. This is where all the trendy youngsters will get their designer labels. Starbucks has it s first Dublin outlet upstairs here.

The main Brown Thomas store is closer to O Connell Bridge (still on Grafton Street) and is the department store to die for. Think of just about anything gorgeous and expensive that you want in the line of luxury goods and Brown Thomas has it.

On the ground floor there are seperate concessions for Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Prada, & Chanel in the ladies section and Ralth Lauren, Hugo Boss and other famous designer names in the men's section.

Throughout the store the theme of luxury and desirability continues - clothing on the first and second floors, furnishings and kitchen ware/glassware on the top floor, divine shoes and lingerie in the basement, perfumes, cosmetics and bags on the ground floor.

Their windows are always beautifully dressed and this year there's a spectacular Christmas display.....circus themed billing BT's as The Greatest Store on Earth.

This is without a doubt my favourite store in Dublin and I often spend an entire day shoppinghere and noplace else.

What to buy: Designer goods of just about every famous label, perfumes, furniture, table ware, hsoes, lingerie.....what else do you want?

What to pay: There's something for every pocket, but this is really an upmarket store.

• Women's Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• missmed's Profile Photo

Department Stores: Bargains

by missmed Updated Nov 6, 2006

For Bargains check out Arnotts bargain shop on Middle Abbey Street and in the basement of the main store. Lots of bargains to be had.

TK Maxx in Stephen's Green Shopping Centre is also worth a look - designer gear (clothing, homewares, footwear, underwear, christmas decorations and gifts) at knocked down prices - be prepared to root though!

Finally, the Liberties (the oldest part of Dublin) not the prettiest part of town but for authentic Ireland the Cork Street area has plenty of bargain shops and markets - mostly homewares, material and cheap clothing.

What to buy: Tea towels, duvet covers, shoes of all kinds, trickets (candles, paintings, teecups) - anything you want you'll find!

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Brown Thomas: Lifestyle store ?

by sourbugger Written Sep 14, 2006

Brown Thomas on Grafton street proclaims itself as a 'Lifestyle store', whatever that means.

All I know is that it is a reliable middle-to upper market department store, that is Irish owned and has a good reputation. If you are after the Channel and Louis Vitton and all that malarkey, then this is your place.

My sister in law swears by the place (Hi, Tara by the way if you are reading this). One one occasion, after having a 'personal shopper' help her lugs mountains of bags out to her car, I expect the glorified shop assistant was expecting a handsome tip. When he laid eyes on her tiny little Opel Corsa, I guess he was less than amused.

As department stores go, it is a reliable choice and thanking lacking some of the snooty pretentioness that some stores of this ilk often exhibit.

• IrishFem's Profile Photo

Brown Thomas: Irish Goods

by IrishFem Updated Feb 10, 2006

Brown Thomas Department Store

This department store is located on Grafton Street. It offers exculsive designer collections and is very expensive. It would be the equivalent of Harrods in London. In July and December/ January they have really great sales. But expect to pay lots. For Irish goods try the Kilkenny Design Centre, you can pick up a good bargain in linen or knitware. Opened in 1849. You can have a coffee downstairs and people watch if you can't afford anything.

What to buy: Waterford crystal if you can afford it.

What to pay: Hundreds of euros..

• DUNK67's Profile Photo

Arnotts: Arnotts

by DUNK67 Written Oct 1, 2004

Arnotts is probably the biggest department store in Dublin.

What to buy: You can buy anything from beds to sportswear. I bought a Dublin Gaelic Football shirt snd was given a free team poster.

What to pay: The prices are about average.

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo

ARNOTTS, THE Department Store....: WHO CAN DO WITHOUT SHOPPING....

by eden_teuling Written May 13, 2003

SHOPPING INFO

This really is Ireland's largest Department Store.

Leading Irish and international brands in FASHION, GIFTS, SPORTSWEAR, FOOTWEAR, LINGERIE, BEAUTY, MENSWEAR, LIGHTING FURNITURE, ELECTRICAL AND LOTS MORE........

Special Services include:

* international shipping
    ** tax free shopping for visitors outside the EU
    * gift tokens
    * baby changing facilities
    ** parcel holding service
    * car parking
    ** barber shop

What to buy: Relax, after having bought whatever you wished, INSTORE in any of our 4 restaurants of coffee shops, which is a good advice!

What to pay: Just pay for whatever you purchased!!

• elafajna's Profile Photo

Department Stores: O'Connell Shopping Street!

by elafajna Updated May 16, 2008

The most famous thing in Dublin?
    O'Connell Street with its nearby 'Penney's' hahahah ;)

What to buy: Hm.. Just Everythin'? :D