Zoo, Dublin

• Tayto's Profile Photo

Tiger Cubs in Dublin Zoo

by Tayto Written Aug 5, 2005

Cubs at play

As noted in a previous Tip Dublin Zoo has a great reputation for rearing big cats. In fact the MGM lion at the start of the movies is reputed to have come from Dublin Zoo. Here is a picture I took a few years ago of playful tiger cubs that were successfully bred in the zoo.

• Tayto's Profile Photo

Tiger at Dublin Zoo

by Tayto Updated Aug 2, 2005

You looking at me !

Tigers are just my favourite animals and one day I hope to shoot one in the wild and mount it on my wall....ok I had you going there for a minute I mean with my camera and hang the photo !!!!

Dublin Zoo has had great success breeding tigers and has just opened a new enclosure for them which is way ahead of their previous one. I know it still is not completely their natural habitat but it does help conservation of this beautiful animal.

• stevieUK's Profile Photo

Dublin Zoo

by stevieUK Written Dec 18, 2004

It may be a Red Panda but still pretty cute

Best zoo I've been to. One for those who like to see the big animals tigers, lions, giraffes, elephants, gorillas ...
    Zoos like Bristol/London used to have loads of these but, quite rightly, have now reduced the numbers to give the few they've kept more space. They also have fantastic educational programs and support programs for some endangered species which is all very commendable (I myself sponsor at Bristol in a small way).
    But for ordinary people like myself there is nothing quite like seeing all the big beasts in the flesh and Dublin has been designed with loads of space and just about every large animal you could want to see (OK no Polar Bears or Pandas, though they had Red Pandas).
    Great place to spend ambling round. Not cheap (12.5 Euro) to get in but still good value.
    Top entertainment value was watching the keepers try to get food past the 20 or so herons hanging around to the seals. It must happen every feeding time so I didn't understand why the keepers seemed so confused. An unitentional circus clown act.

Instant Answers: Dublin

Comments

Hotels Near Zoo
3.0 out of 5 stars