Aer Lingus, Dublin

Know about this? Rate It!

Aer Lyngus
    by Twan
    IT'S A BUDGET AIRLINE !
    by DAO
  • Aer Lingus
    by DAO
  • bad customer service

by dzfam02 Written Sep 12, 2012

On every front Aerlingus is lacking. To start my flight, they wouldn't outright provide me with seats together with my 5 and 7 year old children on an international flight. A flight attendant finally worked it out, but that's a bit late. Then they lost my luggage for two days and were not forth coming with information and very difficult to contact. I actually had to return to the airport to get information and was told that it had just arrived. The attendant only referred me to the website to get information about compensation for the loss. The woman on the phone in the US was very short and not helpful either.

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Aer Lingus

by wise23girl Updated Dec 7, 2011

My choice to fly into Dublin is Aer Lingus. I am also happy with BMI but I avoid Ryan Air like the plague. My most recent flights were in 2011.

At one time you could fly business class with Aer Lingus but that has altered though some flights still offer the service.

The staff of Aer Lingus are pleasant and friendly...something I really like when I fly...that little bit extra. There do not seem to be any hidden nasties and my 22kg luggage was allowed.

We also have flown return to and from Tenerife...about 4 hours in the air each way. I am fairly sure there is a flight direct to Dublin from Dubai which saves a visit to LHR if you are coming from Australia..

And in 2011 two more flights with them.

• DAO's Profile Photo

AER LINGUS - NOW AFFORDABLE

by DAO Updated Aug 12, 2011

IT'S A BUDGET AIRLINE !

Aer Lingus is a national ‘flag carrier’ airline and a major international airline. This usually means it’s more expensive than budget airlines, owned by the national government and loses money. Not anymore. In 2006 Aer Lingus became a budget airline and privatised. So now instead of government workers with jobs for life serving you – you pay less and should get better service.

The reason Aer Lingus had to get cheaper, and drop out of expensive airline alliances is the fact it is Ireland’s 2nd biggest airline. The largest is the undisputed international budget airline - Ryanair.

So if you are in Europe and want to visit Ireland, you should get here very cheaply now. Just book months in advance for the cheap seats.

• christine.j's Profile Photo

Weigh your luggage!

by christine.j Written May 5, 2009

Don't automatically assume that RyanAir is the cheapest airline. Air Lingus had better fares than Ryanair, and an additional plus was that they leave from Frankfurt airport, which is much closer to Mannheim than Hahn airport used by Ryanair. So I booked our flight with Air Lingus.

They allow 6 kg for carry-on and they mean it: One of our party had 6,4 kg and he had to repack. Airlines are getting really strict about the weight limit.

Usually I don't care where I sit in a plane, but as a group of six we wanted to sit together. So I paid for assigned seats, 3 Euro per seat.

I was a little bit disappointed that the plane looked like any other plane, the last time I had flown Air Lingus - many years ago - the plane had wall paper with shamrocks. I had really liked it.

• Propermark's Profile Photo

Cheap prices and many links with other countries

by Propermark Written Jan 25, 2008

Aer Lingus is a good and cheap company and there are flights to and from the main european cities. I flew with them from Rome to Dublin and then from Dublin to Rome and I can't complain! :))

sometimes tickets may cost you around 20 euro if you book in advance! :))

• Cruefan's Profile Photo

Aer Lingus

by Cruefan Updated May 31, 2005

Fly the Shamrock

We booked our flight with Aer Lingus, which is the national airline of Ireland. The prices are average but if you book on Aerlingus.com you can save about $ 40.00. We paid $ 924.00 for 2 round trip tickets economy flying into Shannon Airport.

The Airbus A330-200 was comfortable and our flight arrived and departed on time. The staff on the plane was very good.

• Study Abroad

• Getting there

by sabsi Updated Aug 12, 2003

On the way to Ireland

By plane with Aer Lingus. For me this was the best Airline I ever travelled with. But then again I'm not a big flyer anyway because I hate it. But my first flight was an Aer Lingus one from Dusseldorf to Dublin and I loved it(especially the view of the green fields in the last 10 minutes, see picture). Troubles started later....

Dublin airport is a bit outside the city in the north and can be reached by DART & Bus.
    If you want to take a bus in Dublin you need exact change! And patience...

• Aer Lingus

by sabsi Updated Aug 12, 2003

Aer Lingus plane

Aer Lingus is the national airline of Ireland and connects Dublin with lots of places all over Europe. It's quick, from Amsterdam the flight time is 65 minutes, from Germany it's 1 hour 40 or something.... On the picture you see one of their nice green Planes. Actually the first plane I ever took in my life...

• acemj's Profile Photo

Airport

by acemj Updated Jun 8, 2003

The international departure terminal

The Dublin Airport has a great website that should tell you anything you need to know. Here's a list of the airlines that service Dublin and their telephone numbers.

Adria Airways, 0044 2077344630
    US Airways, 1890 925065

• tvdm's Profile Photo

Getting here

by tvdm Updated Dec 26, 2002

From the UK and continental Europe, try calling your local Aer Lingus or Ryanair office or surf to www.aerlingus.com or www.ryanair.com for cheapies! Especially from places as London, Brussels and Amsterdam fares are very low nowadays. Occasionally carriers such as BA and British Midland offer good fares as well. If you're coming over by car/boat, the best way to get to Dublin is to take the ferry from Holyhead in Wales. Beware of seasickness, it creeps up on you, feels like hell, and won't leave you until you touch the shore again.

• agarces's Profile Photo

We flew from Los Angeles...

by agarces Written Aug 26, 2002

We flew from Los Angeles nonstop to Dublin on Aer Lingus. It was a long 10 hour flight. Aer Lingus has some pretty good fares on their website. My only complaint was that the seats are way too small in coach, unless you are lucky enough to not have anybody next to you.

We rented a car from Hertz once we arrived at the airport. I do suggest that unless you have driven on the right side of the road before, and with the steering wheel on the right side, take the bus.Dublin is way too congested, and has alot of narrow streets. You can buy a ticket on the Dublin City Tour buses for only a few bucks, and ride all day. The tour takes you all over Dublin, and there is usually a bus every 10-15 minutes. Once you get outside of Dublin, driving is alot better.

• ombre's Profile Photo

I flew from Australia via...

by ombre Written Aug 24, 2002

I flew from Australia via Singapore air lines and changed to a air lingus flight to Dublin via heathrow.
    Singapore airlines are meant to be one of the best in the world.
    I don't complain about alot but out of 4 flights total flying time around 44 hours .I was great the other 3 were terrible .
    I hope I never have to fly with them ever again.
    on a better note flying from london to dublin via aer Lingus was fine.
    Dublins transport is becomming a huge head ache for their government.
    Years of neglect, in both new roads and trains services, has mean that in peak hour the city basically becomes a road block and very frustrating for commuters.
    Plans to improve this problem have been under taken though it will probably take 2 years.
    for the most part I used buses or taxi's to get around and must say found the dublin taxi drivers to be the best I have come across any where in the world.They were both friendly and informative as well.
    topping that being from melbourne it took some getting used to the fact taxi drivers can speak english and had more than a remote idea of which way you needed to go

the bus services from the city to other parts of Ireland were for the most part very good
    .It cost 14 pounds to go to belfast with a return open for 3 months on the ticket.
    The buses through dublin itself was a different matter.
    I fould the system a joke .
    Buses were always late, some drivers rude and though out peek hour, packed to the rafter's.
    On about 3 seperate occassions the bus didn't even turn up

• paddymc09's Profile Photo

good way to fly...

by paddymc09 Written Mar 13, 2005

Aer Lingus is a good way to get to Ireland. They always have good deals to get to Ireland from the states. Check them out on the web

• Early Morning Arrival

by Mariajoy Written Feb 17, 2005

I don't know why they built this airport on a slope.... and before you say anything - it has NOTHING to do with my photographical skills!!!

Instant Answers: Dublin