To and From Dublin Airport, Dublin

Know about this? Rate It!

View from the bus
    View from the bus
    The Galway bus at Dublin Airport
  • DAO's Profile Photo

AIRCOACH - THE BEST FOR BUSINESS

by DAO Written Jan 22, 2014

AIRCOACH - DUBLIN

I am really impressed by these folks. They have a ticket counter right in front of the airport and are really friendly. You can buy online before, at this ticket counter or from the driver at any stop. I bought it from the counter when I arrived and had some time before my bus was due to leave. The gentleman at the counter offered to hold my bags so I could go and get a cup of coffee.

On board I had plenty of leg room, air conditioning and a comfortable journey. They also offer free Wi-Fi with reasonable speeds. Air Coach is much cheaper than Taxis and moves in traffic at about the same speed. You can work on board and also take photos as you go through Dublin.

I have used them several times and will never take the taxi again. If you tell the driver what stop you want, they always let you know. They offer a fantastic service for business people arriving at the airport to work in the greater Dublin area.

• Business Travel
    • Work Abroad

• Avoid Air Coach

by anonperson Written Dec 10, 2013

My experiences with Air Coach have been very bad. They often drive passed their stops with empty buses and leave you stranded when you are on your way to the airport.

The drivers are often very rude and will tell you to get off the bus because they are not able to give you change and they will not bring you to the airport.

Consider the 747 bus, it goes into the city centre and it is cheaper. Or take the local bus number 16 from the airport into the city centre for less than half the price of Air Coach. With the number 16 and 747 you can use the Dublin Bus app to check when the net bus leaves. With Air Coach you just stand there hoping that a bus will come but with no idea when one will come. Or take a taxi for around €20.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Air Coach to/from the Airport

by yooperprof Written Aug 2, 2013

O'Connell Street, close to the AirCoach stop

I found that the AirCoach was an excellent mode of transportation to and from Dublin Airport. For seven euros, I was transported in a modern comfortable wireless equipped coach to O'Connell Street, which was only a 8 minute walk from my hotel. I also like being able to purchase my ticket online - it was one less thing to worry about when I arrived in Dublin after a transatlantic flight.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Dublin Airport to Galway

by MalenaN Written Mar 3, 2013

The Galway bus at Dublin Airport

When I visited Ireland in 2013 I went directly from Dublin airport to Galway. There are several express buses each day and in February 2013 they left a quarter past every hour.

To get to the Galway bus you go to the right when you exit the arrival hall (Terminal 1), cross the street and walk through the car park. When you exit the car park the Galway bus is to your right.

I had seen on Internet that the ticket was 16.50 Euro, but on the bus I paid 15 Euro (February 2013). Later I saw that it said single student on the ticket, so that’s probably why it was cheaper than the price stated on Internet.

The bus also stopped on Crampton Quay (near Ha’penny Bridge) in Dublin city centre before it continued to Galway. After that stop in Dublin the bus didn’t stop until it came to the coach station in Galway. The journey from Dublin Airport to Galway took 3 hours.

The coach station in Galway is situated one block northeast of Eyre Square and only two blocks from Kinlay House Hostel where I was going to stay.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

AirLink

by MalenaN Updated Mar 3, 2013

Burgh Quay

To and from the airport it is very convenient to use AirLink buses. When you go out of the arrival hall take the left exit and you will see the green double decker just outside. It takes about 30 - 35 minutes to the central bus station of Dublin, Busaras, which is the end stop. From the same spot you can take the bus back to the airport. The ticket is 6 Euro (February/March 2007).
    ___________________________________________________________
    Update March 2013: Today I took the airport bus from O'Connell Street. To the airport it took 40 minutes and the price was still 6 Euro.

• St Stephens Green area to Airport

by justgotbackfrdublin Written Jun 30, 2012

I'll agree that, for people who are staying in Temple Bar or anyplace near the River Liffey, the best way to get to the airport is the No.16A public bus. Yeah, i'm with that. But to get that bus, you need to be close to O'Connell Street. That's not going to work so good for anyone who's staying (as i did) in the area around Grafton Street and St. Stephen's Green. For them, Aircoach really is the better choice. It picks up at 2 stops on Leeson St (Upper, then Lower, near the corner at Pembroke), then at Dawson and again at Suffolk.
    I read the earlier negative review of Aircoach, about waiting 30 minutes for the bus. Well, that does happen late at night or early in the morning on weekends. But at other times the Aircoach bus does come every 15 minutes. On any given day, if you want to make sure the bus is coming on the regular schedule, call Aircoach at 01 844 7118 to confirm when the buses are running.
    The fare has gone up: it's 8 euros each way now. For some people, that will tilt the balance in favor of a taxi.

• Zajem's Profile Photo

Buses from the airport to the city center

by Zajem Written Jan 6, 2012

City bus

There are three various bus connections from the airport to the O'Connell Street stop in the city center - Aircoach, AirLink and city bus (route No.16A).

The stop for last named bus is bit hidden to travelers. Because when you exit the airport hall, you only see stops for Airlink and Aircoach. So you have to walk behind using the passage led through the parking place. Although No. 16A stops everywhere during its ride, from the airport to the city center you will pay only € 2.30.

I think, it is not that bad with comparing the price to the Airlink € 6.00 (adult, one way) and € 10.00 (adult, round trip) or Aircoach € 7.00 (adult, one way) and €12.00 (adult, return ticket).

• Airpunk's Profile Photo

To/From Dublin Airport by bus

by Airpunk Written May 5, 2011

Dublin airport has no rail connection. But there are several buses who will take you there. If you ask at the tourist information, you will usually be told to take bus 747 or 748 (Airlink). Those bus lines are designed for traffic from/to the airport and have place for your luggage and do not stop in between. A one-way ticket will cost you 6EUR, 3 EUR for children (2010). If you have any kind of airline ID, you’ll pay the children’s price (I always knew that pilots are adults behaving like children!). Tickets can be bought on board. Return tickets are available and will save you 1 EUR.
    If you don’t arrive with bulky luggage, then there is an even cheaper option. Take Bus 16a which runs frequently to O’Connell street. The ticket for this bus is for sale at the vending machine. If you buy your ticket on board, make sure that you have the exact amount of coins. Else, you may be told to get lost. I think that there was also a line going to the central coach station (Busaras). The same fare system apllies for that one, but if you try that, please make sure that you are on the right bus.
    Some people prefer a private company called aircoach and pay 8 EUR for a little more comfort. I prefer to save the money for a pint of Guinness. However, this company has also direct routes to other cities directly from the airport. In case you want to travel further on, it can be worth to check out their website.

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

By bus

by Marpessa Updated Apr 4, 2011

To get to and from Dublin Airport into the city I always take the bus. From outside the 'Arrivals' terminal you can take bus 747 or 748 into the city. It takes about half an hour to get to O'Connell Street from the airport and then another 5 minutes to get to the Central Bus Station.

Make sure you have correct fare on you (or have already bought your ticket from a machine near the exit of the Arrivals hall) to make boarding the bus easier, as there will usually be a crowd of people all trying to get on the bus.

Tickets:
    Adult: EUR 5
    Child: EUR 2

The website below has the timetable for route 747.

• AR76's Profile Photo

From/To Dublin Airport

by AR76 Updated Apr 4, 2011

top: Aircoach; bottom: Airlink

There are several ways of getting from/to Dublin Airport:

Taxi
    Turn right outside the arrivals hall for the taxi rank. A ride to the city centre takes about 30mins and costs EUR20 approx.
    Aircoach
    This brightly blue coach takes you to the city centre in about 40mins and serves the bigger hotels outside the centre (Jury's, Bewley's,...) as well. Single tickets cost EUR6, but for EUR10 you get a return ticket that can be used at any time. The stops in the city are printed on the back of your ticket.
    Airlink (bus 747/748)
    For 1 euro less (EUR5) and about 10mins more, the green and yellow Airlink takes you to Dublin city centre. This bus makes more stops and only goes as far as the centre and Heuston Station.
    Other buses
    There are also regular buses running between the airport and the centre. Bus fares are not more than EUR2 but the bus stops virtually everywhere, so it will take you about 1.5hrs (not to mention being stuck in traffic...).

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo

FLY PAST THE CITY TRAFFIC TO DUBLIN AIRPORT....

by eden_teuling Updated Apr 4, 2011

TRANSPORTATION INFO

BE SMART, ASK FOR AERDART.....

The Aerdart shuttle bus meets ALL Dart and suburban rail services at Howth Junction Station.

Departures to and from Dublin Airport every 15 minutes (after 8PM every 20 minutes) from early morning to late at night daily / all year round.

The normal bus journey time between Howth Junction and the front door of the Airport is 15 - 20 minutes.

Connect to the Aerdart shuttle bus from 39 stations in Dublin and I shall mention them all for you.......

Malahide, Howth, Sutton, Raheny, Clontarf Rd., Connolly Stn., Tara street, Pearse Station, Grand Canal Dock, Lansdowne Rd., Sandymount, Sydney Parade, Booterstown, Blackrock, Seapoint, Salthill, Dun Laoghaire, Sandycove, Glenageary, Dalkey, Killiney, Shankill, Bray, Greystones, Coolmine, Clonsilla, Leixlip, Maynooth.

Combined bus and DART/Maynooth line rail ticket only 6 Euro adult and 3,15 Euro per child.

Tickets can be purchased on the shuttle bus or at any DART or connecting station.

• Dublin airport transfer

by sallyjh70 Updated Mar 7, 2011

Having recently returned from a wonderful stay in Dublin I wanted to recommend a chauffeur company that we used for our transfers to and from Dublin airport. I can't speak highly enough of the people at Optimum Chauffeur Drive. Their fantastic driver Joe met us at Dublin airport with a sign, helped us with our luggage and took us to our car which was waiting nearby only a very short walk from the terminal. It was raining when we arrived and as we walked past the taxi que I was so delighted that my husband had booked this service for us. On the way to our hotel Joe was so entertaining and professional telling us all about the history of Dublin and the folklore he even took us on a small drive around the city before dropping us off at our hotel. This was great for getting our bearings in the city. Joe also recommended restaurants near to our hotel and other attractions and sites to see. When we returned back to the airport 3 days later our car and driver arrived on time in fact he was 15 minutes early and again I can not say enough about how professional the service was.

• Luxury Travel
    • Cruise
    • Business Travel

• dfactor's Profile Photo

Lame Bus Service - Aircoach

by dfactor Updated Feb 7, 2011

I bought aircoach's return ticket when I arrived in Dublin in Dec 2010, it's much regretted. On the morning I was suppose to take the bus to the airport, the bus didn't show up and I waited in the freezing cold for close to 30 min! In the end, I gave up and just took the taxi, I was so close to missing my flight. I wouldn't recommend aircoach after what I went through. I complained to the customer service and to this day, I didn't hear much from them. It branded itself as a luxury bus service, but it hardly is at all.

• annemariebyrne's Profile Photo

hotels on airport route

by annemariebyrne Written Jun 25, 2010

You could go for a compromise and stay in a hotel half-way between the city and the airport! That way you would avoid the city traffic on Monday morning and would be taxi distance back to your lodgings on Sunday night. Two possibilities are the Skylon Hotel (www.skylon-hotel.com) or the Regency Hotel (www.regencyhotels.com). Both are on bus routes to the airport or wouldn't be too expensive for a taxi. Dublin Bus no.16a passes both hotels and would take you in and out of the city and would also take you to the airport very inexpensively. You could also get the Dublin Bus 747 direct airport service from outside the hotels and the private coach service 'Aircoach' also passes along that route although I'm not sure if it stops nearby (the hotels could tell you or check their website).

• BeatChick's Profile Photo

Air Coach @ Dublin Airport

by BeatChick Updated Jun 4, 2010

Air Coach stop - Lower Leeson Street

Probably one of the least expensive and most reliable means of transport from the Dublin Airport into Dublin City Centre is via the Aircoach. Cost is 14 euro roundtrip (or return fare).

The best part is you can pay for the reservation on-line. Aircoach sends you an e-mail complete with reference number. Print out the e-mail and hand it to a member of the staff before boarding; they'll issue you an actual Aircoach ticket! Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Photos: April 2010