Know about this?
Irish tourist assistance service Itas.
If you're in difficulty or have been a victim of crime report the incident to the Gardai (Police) and call ITAS. The office is open seven days a week and assists tourists throughout Ireland. ITAS assists with the following:
Canceling credit cards - arranging money transfers
Contacting travel companies in relation to re-issuing stolen travel tickets
Liaison with embassies for passport/ID replacement
Arranging accommodation, meals, transport in emergencies.
Helpline (calling from Ireland) 1890 356 700 Open Monday to saturday 10am to 6pm. Sunday and Public holidays 12pm to 6pm
Lets hope you never have to use the number.
I've been living in Dublin, for longer than a year now, and I can say Dublin (and specially some areas like Smithfield) is no longer safe. Pay attention because a lot of people say that it safe, till something happened to them. I've have beaten up in december after Somebody took my mobile and I run after him. Then other two friends of him came.
So, never write sms, or talk at the phone when you are walking,take your time and go in a shop or stand beside a wall.
Never show you have a mobile in a pub,otherwise carry it with you.
Don't run after them,you'll find that they are more people "around the corner".
NEVER walk alone if you can on Thu,Fri and Sat.
- Work Abroad
- Study Abroad
Funny things that you find in Dublin.
Was this a tourist at one time?
He was outside of a restaraunt as we passed.
Who is he is the question? The greeter of the restaraunt? :o)
- Family Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book at Official Site
- Renaissance Hotels Book at Official Site Get Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee
Dublin Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Horseshoe Beach Hotels
- Mohican State Park Hotels
- Brampton Hotels
- Sunny Beach
- Ilha de Tavira Hotels
- Safe and less than safe areas
- Chennai (Madras) Warnings and Dangers
- Krabi Warnings and Dangers
- Bogotá Warnings and Dangers
- Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Warnings and Dangers
- Cameroon Warnings and Dangers
- Trinidad and Tobago Warnings and Dangers
- Dar es Salaam Warnings and Dangers
- Oahu Warnings and Dangers
- St. Croix Warnings and Dangers