Howth Harbour, Howth

Know about this? Rate It!

The marina
    by coolapaddy
    The harbour
    by coolapaddy
  • pick a yachtlet for yourself, why don't you?
    pick a yachtlet for yourself, why don't...
    by morgane1692
  • agarcia's Profile Photo

The Coast

by agarcia Updated Apr 15, 2003

Howth coastline

Favorite thing: Since I was a child, I feel an irresistible attraction for the sea. It doesn't really matter if it is the sunny beaches of California, or the immense blue of the Greek Islands, or the warming tranquility of the Mediterranean coast. Whenever I'm near the Sea, I always took a deep breath, trying to capture as much as I can the scent of the salted water.
    Maybe it has to do with the fact that my home is far from the Spanish coast, but the truth is that I always enjoy every second near the Sea...

Fondest memory: After 20 minutes of riding the DART through the grey suburbs of Dublin, I was rewarded with the precious view of a good day in the Irish coast;
    By good day I mean that there were no clouds in the sky, and not that the temptation of taking a bath were irresistible; It's a well known fact that Ireland doesn't enjoy a tropical weather ;-)

• Beaches

• morgane1692's Profile Photo

skies and water reflect each other beautifully!

by morgane1692 Written Oct 13, 2003

Fondest memory: Pass by the bustling harbour area and notice the number of private pleasure craft, bobbing in the cornflower and steely cobalt waters of Howth. If you're lucky too, you'll see evidence of the continuing fishing industry here...like the fellow standing in the boat in the left foreground, plying his ancient trade.

• morgane1692's Profile Photo

yet another deja vu view!

by morgane1692 Written Oct 13, 2003

pick a yachtlet for yourself, why don't you?

Fondest memory: Growing up, I was very near the Atlantic Ocean of central Florida, and foolishly this meant little to me. Now I am four or five hours from the ocean. So even a couple of quality hours of seaside activity here at Howth was a treat. I love my big cities but conversely, there is a special draw of the wild and the sea that is almost impossible to resist as well. I don't think I'm alone in that line of thinking, hmmmm?

Instant Answers: Howth

Comments

Other Favorites in Howth