Beshoffs, Howth

2 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

Promenade, Howth

• Beshoffs
    by orlikins
  • Beshoff's market Tapas grill Howth: Beshoff's market Howth awfull treatment to custome

by SilviaCaloca Written Apr 7, 2012

Beshoff's market Tapas grill Howth awfull treatment to customers
    7th April 2012. 2pm. The bill was wrong: they were wanted to charge us 9 euro for one glass of Albarinio wine when the menu said 7.50. My surprise came after talking to two members of the staff that did not do anything, although the first acknowledged the mistake in the menus. Finally after a while I got to talk to third one who instead of apologizing tried to justify that in another menu (hidden behind the counter) the price list said 9 euro. She was extremely rude to us and she did not either admit the mistake or apologize for it. She ended up amending the bill and throwing it up at me in bad manners.
    So large the unemployment in this country and we still have to endure these uncomfortable situations when restaurants hire the wrong person makes me sad. Irish people we do deserve much better.

Favorite Dish: By the way whatever expensive the place can be, never ever ask for a tapa of scallops gratin, the tapa consist off of one third of a scallop as big as my thumb nail and it costs eur 7.50. See it to believe it!! Scandalous!

• Business Travel

• Beshoffs Market Tapas Grill, Howth, Co Dublin: I can't review the food, but the service sucked

by FiachraO Written Nov 4, 2011

Last Monday (31 October) I brought my family to Beshoff Market Tapas Grill in Howth, Co Dublin. There were five staff in this relatively small fish market and tapas bar. They all ignored the five of us, although they were not very busy.

After 20 minutes we pointed out to a staff member t hat we were there to eat, not to smell the fish, and would like to order.

After being ignored for another 10 minutes we just left. Even if they had taken an order at that point we had no confidence it would arrive in reasonable time.

Later that day, I filled in a contact form on their website outlining the experience above and got a rapid auto-response promising "Many thanks for message which we have now received. We will be in touch as soon as possible".

Since then.... nothing

Favorite Dish: Don't have a favourite, as we didn't get to order.

• orlikins's Profile Photo

Beshoffs: Fish & Chips on the Pier - a great Howth Tradition

by orlikins Updated Apr 4, 2011

Beshoff's on the Promenade do a fantastic range of fish (salmon, lemon sole, haddock, cod, plaice etc) wrapped in newspaper with a dip and chunky chips

Favorite Dish: I've had their cod & chips with garlic mayo.
    It's just one of those things you have to do in Howth - get a big steaming bag of fish and chips and go out and eat them on the pier - just yuuuum :-))

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: Howth

Comments

Other Restaurants in Howth