King Sitric, Howth

by orlikins
  • acemj's Profile Photo

King Sitric: Simple, excellent seafood

by acemj Updated Mar 14, 2004

Peter mentioned to me that King Sitric is one of the best seafood restaurants in greater Dublin and to my surprise he bought me lunch here!!! I didn't realize it until we left and I picked up one of their business cards, but this place also rents out rooms. However, the food is why you'll want to come. The seating area is upstairs with views over the bay.

Favorite Dish: Peter and I had the house red wine and I had a crab bisque for starters. The bisque was excellent, not too salty like some. Then, we both ordered the haddock with curry sauce, which came with potatoes and carrots. The preparation was extremely simple, which I've always believed is the key to making good fish (well, that and having FRESH fish, of course).

• King Sitric: A royal meal at King Sitric

by flybasci Written Jan 29, 2008

Our "3 hour walking tour of Howth" was seriously, but happily, curtailed when we decided to have lunch first. We set out to find King Sitric after a reliable recommendation and it surpassed everything we'd heard. The freshest, finest seafood I've ever had in a most beautiful setting. Our table overlooked the swirling sea (it was February) and service was friendly and helpful, guiding us through a delightful menu. With starters through dessert, and with wine and coffee, it was pricey but well worth it. Our "3 hour lunch" at King Sitric remains a highlight of our Dublin trip and tops our "favorite lunch ever" list.

Favorite Dish: Lobster with lawyer sauce!! Our server had several possibilities for the origin of the sauce's name but a more appropriate name might be HEAVEN!

• orlikins's Profile Photo

King Sitric: Howth Restaurants

by orlikins Written Feb 19, 2003

Restaurants like King Sitric in Howth are pricey but the local pubs do tasty and affordable food.

Favorite Dish: Howth restaurants usually specialise in seafood.

Instant Answers: Howth

Comments

Hotels Near King Sitric
4.0 out of 5 stars