Killiney Things to Do

Best Rated Things to Do in Killiney

• U2 can visit Bono's place

by Mariajoy Written Feb 17, 2005

Bono's place

I didn't really come here expecting to meet Bono (no really! I didn't!!) and surprise surprise..... I DIDN'T meet him.... but I did ummm... just happen .... to be standing by the gates to his house when the gates opened and someone - not him :(( - drove in...

Anyway... if you are just passing....and happen to be in Vico Road, Killiney... look for the big black gates and thousands of scrawled fan messages on the walls outside his garden...

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Walk on the beach

by MalenaN Written Jun 5, 2007

Killiney Beach

I went up very early my first morning in Dublin and went straight to Killiney (bought breakfast at the station).
    After I arrived to Killiney I took a walk on the beach. I walk every morning to work, but how much nicer wasn’t it to walk here on the beach, listening to the sound of the sea and smelling the sea.
    I was not alone on the beach. Several people, most of them with a dog, was also walking, some of them greeting good morning.
    Looking down at the pebbles on the beach you can find pebbles of many different colours, and some shells.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Beaches

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Killiney Hill

by MalenaN Written Jun 5, 2007

Killiney Hill

From the beach you can see the obelisk on top of Killiney Hill. The hill is 153 metres high. Walk up there and you will have an amazing view over Sorrento Bay and the Wicklow mountains in the distance. In another direction you will see Dalkey Island.
    Killiney Hill is together with Dalkey Hill part of Killiney Hill Park. The area is crossed by many walking tracks where you can go for nice walks. I walked from Killiney Hill to Dalkey. It is not difficult to find your way but I asked twice to be absolutely sure how to find the right road down to the main street of Dalkey. You can also walk down to Vico Road and follow that road to Dalkey.

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Killiney

Comments

Killiney Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Killiney things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Killiney sightseeing.