Aran Island Favorites

Best Rated Favorites in Aran Island

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Inishere Rules

by Krumlovgirl Written Dec 11, 2002

Favorite thing: I ended up going to Inishere the first time by mistake. I had originally bought my ticket in Galway for Inismore, but I got so carried away talking on the ferry that I missed my stop and instead wound up on Inishere. I couldn’t have been more surprised by it. It is truly a magical island, as all of the Aran islands are, but there is something special about this one. Maybe it’s because it’s the first island that I visited, but it will always remain my favorite. Very few tourists visit it and as far as I can remember, there is only one pub. The views are spectacular, however, and the ruins that abound on the island are fascinating. Wonderfully warm locals, as well.

Fondest memory: One night I was in the pub on Inishere and I must have been the only tourist on the island. I was alone and everyone was being really friendly to me so I felt really comfortable. At one point during the night some of the women got up to folk dance and they needed an extra person to make the set. I got up and volunteered since my mom use to teach it in the states. It was very magical, dancing like that in a real pub in Ireland to live music. Very entrancing.

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Inishere Flora and Fauna

by Krumlovgirl Written Dec 10, 2004

Favorite thing: Inisheer shares the same rich plant and flora species as the famous Burren region in Co. Clare. The island has interest for ornithology, botany and those that have an inclination for the wonders of the sea.

• Adventure Travel
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Beaches

• husain's Profile Photo

The cliffs

by husain Updated Dec 6, 2003

The cliffs at Inishmore

Favorite thing: The cliffs at Inishmore...

Its a done thing there to be leaning over the edge of the cliffs and get yr picture taken! Strong winds or not...:P

Fondest memory: Despite the crowds that descend during the tourist season, you can still find enough open spaces. Walking/ cycling along the many long and winding paths, between stone walls, along small beaches and little houses, is as good as it gets!

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: Aran Island

Comments

Aran Island Favorites

Reviews and photos of Aran Island favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aran Island sightseeing.