Clifden Restaurants

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Walsh’s Coffee Shop and Bakery

by MalenaN Written Mar 4, 2013

Hot chocolate at Walsh's

I arrived to Clifden quite early, too early to check in at the hostel. I could put my big backpack in the lounge but as there were no people around and the doors not looked I didn’t want to leave my luggage unattended. I went for a walk in the town and then went to Walsh’s, which is situated next to Clifden Town Hostel.

At Walsh’s you can have different cakes, sandwiches, coffee drinks etc. I ordered a hot chocolate with cream for 2.40 Euro (March 2013) and sat down to read while I waited for the time I could check in. In the end of the room there was a large window with a very nice view towards Clifden Bay.

• Brown's Restaurant: The BEST Chef in Clifden

by jackandlucy Written Jul 9, 2010

This restaurant is a gem hidden away in the hotel. Not many people know about it as it is found in past reception but it is a beautiful intimate friendly restaurant. it is part of the Alcock and Brown hotel, right on the square in Clifden. I stayed in Clifden for a few days and I can honestly say of all the restaurants I ate in it was by FAR the nicest. Everything I and my family sampled was delicious. It shouldn't be missed on a visit to clifden. The staff were welcoming and warm. The low price of the food really didnt corrospond with the high value and quality of the meal.

Favorite Dish: The seafood chowder for starter was extremely tasty.
    The Fish is really what should be sampled here, with everything from hake to sea bass. And the chicken was the nicest i've tasted in years. Better than my nan's own. the chefs special brown bread ice cream came recommended to us and it did not disappoint. Try it. :D

• Mitchell's Restaurant: skip it!

by kellyogrady Written Dec 9, 2009

We read how great Mitchell’s was, but then I got a very bad over cooked monkfish and when I politely mentioned it as I could not eat but one bite, I was told I was wrong! They said "I must not like monkfish!" Well, Mitchell's, not only was that the wrong answer, it was not at all a way to treat a customer who not only cooks monkfish, but has eaten it all over the world and Never NEVER could not choke it down. DO NOT GO!!! It a colossal waste of money and they did not offer to waive the untouched bad dish or offer me something else for dinner. My husband dinner was edible, but pretty uneventful.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Mitchell's restaurant: Looks good enough to me

by sourbugger Written Apr 25, 2009
    opposite supervalu !

I will admit that we onlt stopped by for a coffee, but this smallish restaurant seems to be really doing the business. Fresh seafood at reasonable prices in a sophisticated yet friendly atmosphere is always going to be a winning combination. They are a family run concern (French I think - but don't quote me) and have been picking up awards and recommendations for nearly 20 years. It's all good !

• kevarms's Profile Photo

Brown's Restaurant: Brown's Restaurant

by kevarms Written Jun 8, 2007

This is the restaurant of the Alcock & Brown Hotel and is surprisingly big and, for a 3-star hotel, quite classy. There is a 4 course set menu for just 25 euros, and wide choice of dishes on the a la carte including many types of fish. Good wine list too. No complaints about the service, which was generally fast and friendly.

Favorite Dish: All the food was tasty and well presented, but I'll plump for the sea trout.

• kevarms's Profile Photo

Derryclare Restaurant: Derryclare Restaurant

by kevarms Written Jun 8, 2007

Popular restaurant overlooking the Market Square. In good weather you can eat outside. We arrived quite late in the evening and took a table just inside the door. The atmosphere inside is quite cosy. Service was fast and friendly and the food was great.

Favorite Dish: The lamb stew was delicious.

Instant Answers: Clifden

Comments

Clifden Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Clifden restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Clifden sightseeing.