Hot and Spicy, Galway

by sabsi
  • Kumars Taste of Asia: Spicy and Cosy

by sabsi Written Jul 28, 2005

At Kumar's

We chose this restaurant because it was very close to our hotel and it had a table for twenty on a Saturday night. (Suspicious!)

We expected the worst because we couldn't believe this was a good place if the would find space for a group like ours. Luckily we were wrong. I absolutely loved the food here and staff was friendly as well. In the end the place was packed - which wasn't only our fault .. even though we filled up half the restaurant!

They serve Indian, Thai and Chinese stuff here. Everything I tried was very nice. And the prices were ok, too. A main course cost around 12 Euro (rice, naan bread etc costs extra though).

Favorite Dish: The colourful decoration in red and orange. Oh and the Chicken Tikka I had as starter (and the spring rolls of my neighbour were very tasty as well). My main course was Red Thai Chicken Curry which was rather spicy but excellent.

• Cactus Jack's: The best Mexican

by sabsi Updated Jul 28, 2005

The lane Cactus Jack's is in

Cactus Jack is a popular Mexican restaurant in town. It's rather pricey (main course are about 16 Euro) but as far as I remember from 2001 it's worth it. The food is very tasty and the atmosphere could have been nice - if only next to us a group consisting of half Northern Ireland would have been a bit quieter.

Favorite Dish: I had a lovely Cajun Chicken Burger there... and they had Banoffi (Banana & Toffee) Pie as well!!! My favourite cake :)

• Deefstes's Profile Photo

The Clay Oven: The Clay Oven

by Deefstes Written Aug 26, 2002

This is a superb Indian restaurant with very good service, very good menu, not very pricey and excellent atmosphere.

If you're in the mood for Indian cuisine, there is no other place in Galway that fits the bill better than this jewel.

Favorite Dish: Chicken kashmiri