Been here? Rate It!
NOT Las Vegas ! Baby.
Salthill, the seaside town couple of miles from Galway has a number of casinos. Don't however think of the place as a kind of mini Las Vegas. The tawdry collection of so called casinos are only one step up of the evolutionary ladder from the primordial soup of the amusement arcade. More Ceasar Salad than Ceasar's palace.
There are three prominent ones on the seafront :
!. The Salthill Amusement centre seems to imply that there are no other amusement options in Salthill. Not to far from the truth then.
When you enter, you could be forgiven for thinking it was a museum for old slot machines. Some of them still have the original 'plates' on them showing them to have come from Las Vegas. Some even have 'Bally's' written on them.
2. Claude's Casino is a big improvement. It's actually quite smart, warm and welcoming inside. This is perhaps why it is more akin to a day centre for the elderly. Regular players seemed to be very happy to avail themselves of unlimited supplies of tea, coffee and cheap biscuits.
3. Ceasar's Palace. I didn't even bother going in there.
Galway City Walking Tour
Galway tours give really good tours of Galway City. I liked the fact they didnt concentrate solely on history but gave some insight into recent events. They also were out of season and brought us on a tour after we contacted them.
- Hiking and Walking
- Budget Travel
- Historical Travel
Salthill is about 3 miles outside Galway City Centre. It's a seaside resort west of Galway, on the way out to Connemara. You can do the usual sunbathing on the strand or go to the funpark with all the slides and rides. The Warwick would be the main nightclub there.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Galway Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Dau Hotels
- Lamma Island Hotels
- Cloyne Hotels
- Air Hitam Hotels