Galway Tourist Traps

• ernie01's Profile Photo

(not so)Ancient Statue of Connemara Monument

by ernie01 Updated Oct 12, 2007

Connemara

Wandering along backroads and looking for obscure historical markers is my idea of a great time, so I must confess, I actualy enjoyed this spot . Hope you do too. The "trap" is a large stone statue, across the road from "Joyce's Craft Shoppe" on The Connemara Penninsula.
    Hey, just look at the pictures.....

Unique Suggestions: Might as well try to enjoy it. The statue was funny, and the shop was really quite nice. (You have to pick up that Authentic Irish Refrigirator Magnet somewhere)

Fun Alternatives: If you just hate this sort of place I'd recomend taking a short walk by the lake across the street from the shop. It's a lovely way to kill some time while your wife and sister-in-law examine every item in the store. Oh, and take some pictures. There's one more I wish I had snapped. Next to the entrance to the shop the sign reads "If you like this sort of place, then this is the sort of place you'll really like".

• Archeology

• husain's Profile Photo

The biggest mistake that we...

by husain Written Aug 25, 2002

The biggest mistake that we made, was to arrive without booking accomodation. Hoardes of tourists landed up, every possible hotel/ hostel, B&B was packed. After checking out every possibility, and just when it seemed that we would spend the night on the street... we got to share a little room with 4 others!
    So, make your bookings in advance as far as possible. I learnt this the hard way:(

• Deefstes's Profile Photo

The Irish seem to be very...

by Deefstes Written Aug 26, 2002

The Irish seem to be very proud of their Aquarium in Galway city. Don't bother, I've seen much better.

Instant Answers: Galway

Comments

Galway Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Galway tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Galway sightseeing.