The Aran Fisherman, Inishmore

Kilronan Downtown
    by sabsi
  • The Aran Fisherman: Disaster

by langlish Updated Apr 4, 2011

I must say the same thing about the garlic bread, again alot of cheese and not much garlic stuck on some bagette. I must say however that there was alot of it. There was a kind of burnt tomato in the middle with some tastless bacon (I think it was a tomato anyway....)

Because of the rest of the menu that I was not very keen on and what they did not have available I had to go for the pizza. Emmm I waited a long time for the pizza and in the end got a pizza which had a base which was not really cooked.

In the end after having a hard days cycling was a bit tired and went to pay. I gave a 50 Euro note, forgot to get my change (the total was 25 Euros), after having to go up to the counter to pay, because they were taking so long to bring my bill (because the staff appeared to be eating behind the counter at the time...) I forgot my change, I guese they thought I had left a big tip. Infact I think that I was annoyed with everything! I then realised ten minutes later, once back at the hostel that I was missing some case. I went back and they said "Oh yes we noticed that" they did not think about telling me as I walked out the door that I had fogotten my change.

Basically slow and poor service, expensive for what it is, food quality was not really very good!

Sad but true, I think I would have been better off going to SuperMacs!

Favorite Dish: Emmm please see above about the favorite dish!

• The Aran Fisherman: The only restaurant in Kilronan

by sabsi Written Nov 7, 2002
    Kilronan Downtown

Well this isn't the best restaurant, and definitely not the cheapest (Fish & Chips for 12.95 IEP!!! Well I guess logistics are a bit complicated on the island)...but it's about the only real restaurant there!

Favorite Dish: Fish & Chips (Catch of the Day) were nice. The cajun chicken Colm had was a disaster!

Instant Answers: Inishmore