Letterfrack Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Letterfrack

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Mitchell’s Café at Kylemore Abbey

by MalenaN Written Mar 8, 2013

I visited Kylemore Abbey for 3h and had brought a sandwich, a banana and chocolate for lunch, which I ate while visiting the walled garden. Before leaving Kylemore Abbey I went to Mitchell’s Café where I bought a scone with cream and jam and a coffee. They both tasted good. The coffee was 2 euro and the scone 2.10 euro (February 2013).

Mitchell’s Café is rather large and many people can eat there at the same time. They make home cooked food and as far as possible they use fresh herbs and vegetables grown locally and even from the walled garden at Kylemore Abbey.

Besides Mitchell’s Café there are two other cafes at Kylemore Abbey. The Tea House is situated just outside the walled garden and is open March – November and then there is Henry’s Express Coffee Shop situated outside the entrance where you pay the admission, and it is open during the summer months.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Bakery and Coffee Shop

by MalenaN Written Mar 5, 2013

Hot chocolate in Letterfrack

In Leterfrack there are three pubs, all are situated in the centre by the junction. There are also two cafes in Letterfrack, one situated in the large building housing the Furniture College and the library, and one along the main road near the junction.

I went to the latter, the Bakery and Coffee Shop. I came here after I had been up on Diamond Hill and thought it would be nice to sit down with a hot chocolate for a while. I asked if they had hot chocolate with whipped cream, and yes, I could have that. Well, I can’t say that there was any cream on top of the chocolate, but more a foam with small marshmallows in it. I guess it was nice to put the marshmallows there, but I am not found of them and it became very sweet. When the marshmallows and foam was finished there were big oily drops on the chocolate. I drank some but didn’t finish it. I decided to leave and it turned out they had closed the café. I had not been informed that they were soon closing when I arrived, something I think I should have been told.

• Zorra80's Profile Photo

Pangúr Ban: Haute cuisine in the far West

by Zorra80 Written Aug 13, 2007

Pangúr is the only restaurant (besides a pub) in the tiny village of Letterfrack. And it is a real discovery - you'd hardly expect such heavenly food out there. The restaurant is pretty small and located in a 300-year old thatched cottage. A cosy place, furnished and decorated with care. The waitresses are nicely dressed and very attentive with all guests. You are really treated like a guest, not to say pampered. The food is a delicious blend of different cuisines. The lentil curry that I tried was just incredible and after "death by chocolate" awaited us.
    It's definitely worth spending a little more money in this place, you'll be rewarded. For those interested in learning the Pangúr Ban way of cooking, they offer weekend cookery classes.

Favorite Dish: Lentil curry

Instant Answers: Letterfrack

Comments

Letterfrack Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Letterfrack restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Letterfrack sightseeing.