Know about this? Rate It!
Take the "Atlantic Drive" / Slea-Head-Drive
Take the Atlantic drive - it is a circular road starting at the west-end of Dingle - town and taking you to plenty of great sights along the way :
1) The Slea Drive B&B with the colorfull facade with plenty of bears
2) the beehive-huts and the Dunbeg Fort
3) the Blasket islands
4) various great beaches with fantastic waves & a great panorama.
5) finally you will pass by Gallarus Oratory
Driving all of that circular-road will take about 2 hours, without long stops, but it certainly makes sense to spend the whole day there and explore all of the sights along the way.
- Road Trip
- Family Travel
Take a car, bicycle or just your walking boots and explore the Dingle peninsula. There are some gorgeous beaches around, some a little more difficult to find than others, Long strands such as Inch and the Maharees, and little ones like Clogher and Coumeenoole. Caution is to be advised when swimming at the latter two as there can be a strong undertow.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Breakfast included
- AMOMA.com Best price - No reservation costs
Dingle Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Malletts Bay Hotels
- Lapu-Lapu City Hotels
- Butuan City
- Canterbury Hotels
- Simpang Empat Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path