Know about this? Rate It!
Take the "Atlantic Drive" / Slea-Head-Drive
Take the Atlantic drive - it is a circular road starting at the west-end of Dingle - town and taking you to plenty of great sights along the way :
1) The Slea Drive B&B with the colorfull facade with plenty of bears
2) the beehive-huts and the Dunbeg Fort
3) the Blasket islands
4) various great beaches with fantastic waves & a great panorama.
5) finally you will pass by Gallarus Oratory
Driving all of that circular-road will take about 2 hours, without long stops, but it certainly makes sense to spend the whole day there and explore all of the sights along the way.
- Road Trip
- Family Travel
Take a car, bicycle or just your walking boots and explore the Dingle peninsula. There are some gorgeous beaches around, some a little more difficult to find than others, Long strands such as Inch and the Maharees, and little ones like Clogher and Coumeenoole. Caution is to be advised when swimming at the latter two as there can be a strong undertow.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Breakfast included
- AMOMA.com Best price - No reservation costs
Dingle Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Haltwhistle Hotels
- Apollo Hylates Sanctuary Hotels
- Abbottstown Hotels
- Sweetwater Station Hotels
- Saumur Off The Beaten Path
- State of Andhra Pradesh Off The Beaten Path
- Rapperswil Off The Beaten Path
- Brisbane Off The Beaten Path
- Shockoe Bottom
- Snæfellsnes- og Hnappadalssýsla Off The Beaten Path
- Mount Charleston
- Beaumont Off The Beaten Path
- Paderborn Off The Beaten Path
- Saint-Émilion Off The Beaten Path
- Berwick-Upon-Tweed Off The Beaten Path