Places to eat in Dingle

Most Viewed Restaurants in Dingle

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo

Doyles of Dingle: Top Flight Seafood Restaurant

by RickinDutch Written Mar 13, 2006

We stumbled across this award winning restaurant quite by accident. Arrived in Dingle just about 6:00PM after a grueling drive from Galway with a near miss in Tralee and heavy fog going over Connor Pass. Would have been happy with a sandwich and a pint, but a short walk from our B&B we came across Doyles of Dingle. What a treat!

There has been a kitchen here since 1790 and a proper restaurant since the early 1900's. Small and classy with seats for about 40. A wide variety on the menu but famous for their fresh seafood. Also have duck, steak, lamb, chicken and guiness stew. A deep wine list and fresh stout and lager on tap.

A popular B&B is also on the premises. I can only imagine the quality of breakfast after eating dinner there.

Favorite Dish: I had the guiness stew and it was the best I've ever had in Ireland.

Doyles of Dingle
    • Wine Tasting

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Homely House Cafe

by Krumlovgirl Updated Jan 13, 2005

I found this cafe through the advisory bulletin board at my hostel and ended up eating there when I saw it later and remembered seeing it earlier. It's a very tiny place-maybe five or six tables, and sets on the top floor of a building that's kind of hidden from the road. The decor is simple and whimsical, as well as the furnishings, but the food is hearty and the service is good. I had a regular pasta dish for my entree and followed it with a slice of mince meat pie. I couldn't recall if I liked mince meat pie but then remembered that I didn't after I took the first bite. But that wasn't the restaurant's fault, of course. The prices were extremely reasonable, as is most of Dingle, and I would eat there again.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo

Murphy's Pub: Solid Pub Grub

by RickinDutch Written Mar 15, 2006

Solid pub grub with a touch of flair. Lots of red velvet and lace - but decent food at a fair price. Kind of a young crowd before 5pm - guess its legal for 16 year olds to have a few pints. They stagger out about 6 and things quited down for a bit. Probably a good thing I didn't grow up here!

Favorite Dish: Had the fish and chips. Locally caught cod - very good.

Murphy's Pub

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo

The Old Smokehouse: Fine Restauant in Dingle

by travelfrosch Written Dec 10, 2005

To be honest, I remember the atmosphere -- woodsy and homey -- more than what I ate. But I do remember the fish was fresh, the meal came with plentiful vegetables, the desert was something chocolatey, and the price was quite reasonable.

Favorite Dish: I seem to remember I had the salmon in lemon-pepper sauce, with fresh steamed vegetables and boiled potatoes. It was just fine.

• Reel Dingle Fish Take Away: Freshest and Cheapest Fish and Chips

by PlaidScientist Updated Nov 21, 2009

this was the best fish and chips I had on my trip around Ireland. if you've been to dingle you already know how expensive the food is in the restuarants, fish and chips alone can run over 20 euro. This place however serves huge fresh caught portions of fish and a vast clump of chips for 10 euro. the ray was outstandinig.... don't miss this one.

• TDean's Profile Photo

Out of the Blue: Seafood At its Finest!!!

by TDean Updated Mar 29, 2006

Out of the Blue is perhaps the finest seafood restuarant on the planet. I have never had better seafood. It is all extremely fresh. In fact, I do not think they open if they are not able to buy the fresh seafood of their liking from the fishermen in Dingle.

I had the Atlantic Salmon dinner. I can only think of one word that describes my meal. "Incredible"

When you look at the physical restuarant, you may hesitate. I am sure there are lots of restuarants in the area with more lovely facades, however, I bet none can touch the incredible food offered by Out of the Blue.

• Novacento: Give this place a miss

by Dinglite Written Jan 16, 2008

I ate here for the first time in December of 2007. Being a frequent visitor to restaurants in the area, I have had a lot of positive experiences, however this was not one of them. The food was below average and the staff were extremely slow and rude. It took 25mins to give our orders and a half an hour for the table to be cleared after eating. I would not recommend this restaurant after the terrible evening I had there.

Favorite Dish: The food is below average.

Dingle Hotels

Cill Bhreac House B & B
Castlewood House
Milestone House

Instant Answers: Dingle

Comments

Dingle Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Dingle locals.
Map of Dingle