Pottery, Dingle

Know about this? Rate It!

shopfront murial
    by civic1.4
  • kathycollins's Profile Photo

Louis Mulcahy Pottery: Pottery

by kathycollins Written Sep 13, 2002

You can watch the pottery being made or just explore the 2 floor display area. This is a distinctive local pottery and the work is excellent. Worth a visit even if you don't intend to buy!

What to buy: from small ornaments to large tea sets and platters

What to pay: depending on the size and complexity of the item, from 5 to 500 euro!

• Cois Farraige: Fine range of very nice Irish made pottery

by civic1.4 Written May 23, 2005
    shopfront murial

The shop is packed with all kinds of items but the pottery is my interest. For what looks like a small building on the outside, ( with a beautiful seascape murial painted across the entire front of the shop) it has all the main Irish potteries in one end. I could have spent a whole day there. The potteries are displayed on old style dressers ( I know they are new but they still look the part ). It is owner run so you can discuss a deal and she might give a little on the price.

What to buy: Obviously, something about dingle would be nice. The nicest little item I bought was a replica road sign with dingle written on it and it is now in the back of my garden. I may be a bit mussy but I get a kick out of seeing that sign and it reminds me of the wonderful time I had in Dingle

What to pay: strangely, the Items of pottery I purchased were priced less than they are at the main centre stores I would be used of?

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

Instant Answers: Dingle

Comments

Other Shopping in Dingle