Connor pass, Dingle

• globetrott's Profile Photo

Connor-pass - north of Dingle-town

by globetrott Updated Apr 5, 2006

Connor-pass - north of Dingle - town

Connor Pass is a steep pass-road through the mountains north of Dingle town.
    This road is restricted to vehicles with less than 2,8 tons, but local people and some tourists go there anyway with cars being much more heavy .
    The road over Connor-pass is really very narrow at many places, it has only a few small passing-places and some overhanging rocks that might damage high vehicles, especially motorhomes. Still it is worth to go there, because the panorama-view is overwhelming. A few years ago, when I came to Dingle with my big motorhome of 4 tons , I also had a small "Di Blasi" motorbike with me - you may see it , when you click on my picture !

• eddilowe's Profile Photo

by eddilowe Written Aug 4, 2005

Conor Pass

We discovered Conor Pass more by luck than judgement. We were on our way to Dingle and saw the sign for Conor Pass and decided to take a look.

By the time we got there it was getting on for evening time and it was quite misty as the sun was going down.

The road itself wasn't too challenging from what I recall (also see my Lake District pages if you're into mountain passes).

There were a few sheep wandering about in the road so watch out for those. I'd like to go back in broad daylight one day so I can appreciate the scenery a bit more as it was very foggy in places which resulted in a couple of hair-raising moments!

• jnyvegas's Profile Photo

CONNOR PASS !!! SCARY!!

by jnyvegas Written Nov 16, 2004

I hope you are driving a very compact car if you try and drive over this pass. This is the smallest road I have every been on. No way 2 small cars can get by each other in some spots, and its a long way down.

• daelight's Profile Photo

Connor Pass

by daelight Written Sep 6, 2006

View towards Castlegregory, Connor Pass

An amazing road that cuts through the Brandon mountain range at around 600m high.

Caution! wide jeeps or trucks cannot use the road as it is quite narrow!

• jnyvegas's Profile Photo

Connor Pass

by jnyvegas Written Nov 16, 2004

There are great views from up here, I recommend making this part of your trip if you have the nerve.

• Conor Pass

by sabsi Written Oct 19, 2002

Conor Pass

Conor Pass connects the north and the south of Dingle peninsula. It's the highest road in Ireland and you will get amazing views here - if it's not foggy.

Instant Answers: Dingle