Know about this? Rate It!
VIsit Black Valley if you get a chance.
Favorite thing: It's a very pretty little village in the hills with little more than a B&B, a hostel, small church, school, and a few houses. The village is near the Gap of Dunloe, so you can use it as a staging point for hikes into the surrounding mountains. There are no buses or any other public transportation that goes to Black Valley, but you can get there by car, or hike it from Killarney. If hiking, follow the Kerry Way trail from Killarney, and count on about an 8hr hike.
Fondest memory: The village get its name from the brooding way the valley in which it lies looks on a dark and rainy evening. However, the morning after I got there, Black Valley looked anything but black. Bright green grass, rocky outcroppings, and, of course, many sheep.
- Hiking and Walking
- Adventure Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Killarney Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Magnetic Island
- Salt Point State Park Hotels
- Fort McMurray Hotels
- Blanchisseuse Hotels
- San Francisco del Monte Hotels
- Rüdesheim am Rhein