Know about this? Rate It!
Breath taking scenery!
Favorite thing: I have lived in Killarney all my life. I used to go back there practially every weekend when in college. The best thing about Killarney is the scenery, even if it is probably the most popular tourist destination in Ireland. However, there are many places throughout the national park to find peace and tranquility.
Fondest memory: When I am in Killarney I really enjoy taking a boat on the lakes. It is possible to get away from the busy town and just relax. There are also some great hiking trips to be experienced whatever the weather!
Have a visit to Gap of Dunloe....
Favorite thing: Have a visit to Gap of Dunloe. Carved by the miltwater of a huge glacier thousands of years ago, the Gap is about seven miles in length with Tomies and Purple mountains on the left and the McGillycuddy Reeks in the right. Many walk or cycle but for the romantic, a journey 'Thro' the Gap' in a pony and trap returning by boat via the Killarney Lakes is also possible.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Killarney Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Jiuzhaigou Hotels
- Lake Superior Provincial Park Hotels
- Mo i Rana
- Virar Hotels
- Bellevue Hotels
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Favorites
- Pacific Coast Highway / Highway 1
- Nha Trang Favorites
- Hotel Zone
- Toronto Favorites
- Puerto Princesa City Favorites
- Pattaya Favorites
- West Los Angeles Favorites
- Atlantic City Favorites
- Myrtle Beach Favorites
- Torremolinos Favorites
- Vejer de la Frontera Favorites