Places to eat in Killarney

Most Viewed Restaurants in Killarney

• zuriga's Profile Photo

AVOCA WEAVERS: MULL'S GAP - Ring of Kerry

by zuriga Updated Mar 13, 2005

A great place for lunch as you drive around the Ring.. great food and shopping to match. The Avoca Weavers are usually thought of as being in Wicklow (Ballykissangel) but they also are here in Kerry at a very scenic spot.

• Murphys Bar & Restaurant: Don't miss the great atmosphere!

by jwwmg Written Mar 9, 2005

Murphy's was great! It was relatively cheap, and the food was delicious. The pub was really cozy and we sat by the nice fire and ate our dinner.

It's right on College Street in the town, so it was easy to just pop in for dinner or a pint.

Favorite Dish: The Chicken Baguette and Hamburger was awesome.

• Danny Mann's: Mean Nasty Host!

by Cherhell Written Jun 2, 2004

The food was good. I'll admit that. The ambience is okay. Just your basic casual dining place with lots of beef, fish and chips, and the like.

However, the host was a total jerk. My mother and I were to meet a group of people at the restaurant. When we got there, we were informed that the restaurant was closed until 7pm, though we could see diners in the restaurant. So we went on and figured that our group had gotten the same brushoff and would be coming back at 7. When we came back at about 7:15, I spoke to the host and asked him if we could look around for our group. He seemed displeased that we came back at all (I don't know why) and finally agreed to let me peek through the restaurant. I didn't find them, so, assuming we were the first to arrive, told the host they weren't there, and we would go ahead and take a table. His response to this was to walk out the door and start talking to another group of people. We assumed this meant we could seat ourselves, so we took a table near the back. We proceeded with our meal, and our friends finally showed up, but there were so many of them that they were seated at a large table directly behind us. A few minutes later (this was at about 7:30), the host came up to my mother and I and asked us who had seated us. We said no one did, that we had seated ourselves. He said that he had this table reserved for 8pm, then stormed off in a huff. I might also note that there were about a dozen available tables in the immediate vicinity. Since we were nearly done, we tried to get his attention to offer to move to a table for two so he could have his precious table, and he proceeded to traipse by our table about 10 times purposely ignoring us. We finally had had it by then and decided to get the check, which took about 20 minutes for the waiter to prepare. As we were leaving the restaurant, the host made a snotty comment to some other diners about how people had screwed up his reservations for the evening. What a jackass!

• Panis Angelicus: A gem in a sea of stodge

by drxym Updated Jun 4, 2003

Panis Angelicus is a wonderful modern cafe in the heart of Killarney. I was blown away by a lunch I had there.

It is well worth seeking out, especially if you're sick of the 'full Irish breakfast' tourist meals that blight this town.

Favorite Dish: Potato cakes with garlic and crusty bread. It was a shock to taste something this good and the presentation was immaculate.

• mrdarius's Profile Photo

???: Garlic Burgers

by mrdarius Written Mar 25, 2003

Ok ok ok...maybe one shouldn't eat at burger joints while on vacation in Ireland, but we had just left Tatler Jack and it was late and we were starving. I can't remember the name as of right now, but it was very similar to McDonald's, but much better. If anyone who has been to Killarney or lives there knows the name of the place I'm thinking of, please let me know.

Favorite Dish: GARLIC BURGER!! I'm drooling as I write this. On our way out of Killarney, we even picked up a couple of these burgers for the road. So good! Great drunken hungry food.

Killarney Hotels

Latest: Feb 16, 2014
The Malton
Latest: Apr 8, 2014

Instant Answers: Killarney

Comments

Killarney Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Killarney locals.
Map of Killarney