rough at night
be careful in Killarney around 2 30 am when the nightclubs close, as things can become rough, with fights, and a few people looking for trouble.
but its only a small minority and 99.9% of the people on the streets late at night are fine, and just want to have a good night and a few drinks, but it is good to be aware.
Don't expect to get the views to yourself
The main points of interest are busy places with lots of cars & tour buses. A small price to pay & sharing is good for the soul & you meet lots of interesting people to share the great views with.Related to:
- Road Trip
- Family Travel
Asking directions and Following roadsigns
Be careful about asking directions - you'll get full directions to the moon before people will admit they have no idea where the place you want is. Hearts are the right place but...
Ignore roadsigns and follow your map! Signs that are facing the wrong way through storms etc... are left like that because 'all the locals know the way anyhow'. It's funny the first few times. Again, take a map!
One of those stupid warnings...
One of those stupid warnings found throughout VT about a place being so beautiful, you won't want to leave. But in this case, it really was true. I just wanted to find a stone cottage, build myself a peat fire and have a nice cup of tea. Instead, I went back to Killarney, hit a pub and had a few pints. Still not a bad deal.
The roads are very narrow, so...
The roads are very narrow, so it's almost impossible to pass a bus as it blocks more than one lane... and sometimes you will meet a horse with carriage as well.
My wife and I stayed for two nights and, having seen the reviews on a rival website, chose it. It's...more
The Lake hotel is a very nice and historic hotel. The floors make very loud noises when you walk...more
This hotel is the ideal location for any traveller. In the middle of Killarney with all the shops...more
Latest Killarney Hotel Reviews
- Earls Court House
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
- Quality Hotel & Leisure Centre Killarney
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa
- Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Explore the World
- Batu Maung Hotels
- Island Beach State Park Hotels
- Tai Tam Hotels
- Boracay Island
- Nanu Oya Hotels
- unsafe areas
- Pulau Tioman Warnings and Dangers
- Luxor Warnings and Dangers
- Cincinnati Warnings and Dangers
- Nice Warnings and Dangers
- Sharm El Sheikh Warnings and Dangers
- British Virgin Islands Warnings and Dangers
- Tangier Warnings and Dangers
- Areas to Avoid / Crime
- Barbados Warnings and Dangers
- San Miguel de Allende Warnings and Dangers
- Cairo Warnings and Dangers