There are two things that were very noticable and unexpected during this visit:
1. Every place we went has stairways, especially the private homes- steep stairways! Get in shape before you go! And you have to be prepared to help young children if you have them with you: we caught Abbie mid-tumble down the stairs at the B&B.
2. Nowhere during the entire visit- homes or businesses- had a toilet that worked as efficiently as we're accustomed to in the USA. This was quite awkward on more than one occasion.
Every place we went also was heated by radiators in the rooms- something that most of us in the USA find unfamiliar now. This actually didn't present any problems, and the rooms were nicely warm & comfortable. It was just an unexpected finding.Related to:
- Family Travel
Smirting & The Smoking Ban
Smirting is a combination of the words smoking + flirting, geddit? It started when people had to go out for a ciggie after the ban was enforced, and got chatting to fellow smokers outside on the street, eyes meeting across a cloud of blue nicotine... ;) So you may just meet a local hottie in this way!!
REMEMBER - Since March 2004, you CANNOT smoke inside bars, cafes or restaurants, or anywhere where people are working (e.g. taxis, offices etc.)
The legislation is officially known as the Public Health (Tobacco) Act, see link to it below for a summary.
You may smoke in outside in the street or in designated smoking areas, but never inside a place where people are working (includes offices, bars, restaurants, shops, shopping centres, taxis, etc)
I don't want to offend anybody but we found this little well bit funny! I don't know if the locals believe that its water is really holy.Related to:
- Budget Travel
Attended a wedding in July 2010,also stayed in hotel.The rooms were excellent,our room was the...more
We stayed here in mid Sept 2004 and highly recommend this hotel. The owner and staff are very...more
The Grand could not in any sense be labelled 'Grand'. There are however a good number of adjectives...more
Latest Tralee Hotel Reviews
- Ballyseede Castle
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
- Manor West Hotel Spa & Leisure
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Brandon Hotel
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
- The Grand Hotel Tralee
- Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Explore the World
- Waldorf Hotels
- Samatau Hotels
- Ko Sukon Hotels
- Ghazipur Hotels
- Keewaydin Point State Park
- Pulau Gaya