There are two things that were very noticable and unexpected during this visit:
1. Every place we went has stairways, especially the private homes- steep stairways! Get in shape before you go! And you have to be prepared to help young children if you have them with you: we caught Abbie mid-tumble down the stairs at the B&B.
2. Nowhere during the entire visit- homes or businesses- had a toilet that worked as efficiently as we're accustomed to in the USA. This was quite awkward on more than one occasion.
Every place we went also was heated by radiators in the rooms- something that most of us in the USA find unfamiliar now. This actually didn't present any problems, and the rooms were nicely warm & comfortable. It was just an unexpected finding.Related to:
- Family Travel
Smirting & The Smoking Ban
Smirting is a combination of the words smoking + flirting, geddit? It started when people had to go out for a ciggie after the ban was enforced, and got chatting to fellow smokers outside on the street, eyes meeting across a cloud of blue nicotine... ;) So you may just meet a local hottie in this way!!
REMEMBER - Since March 2004, you CANNOT smoke inside bars, cafes or restaurants, or anywhere where people are working (e.g. taxis, offices etc.)
The legislation is officially known as the Public Health (Tobacco) Act, see link to it below for a summary.
You may smoke in outside in the street or in designated smoking areas, but never inside a place where people are working (includes offices, bars, restaurants, shops, shopping centres, taxis, etc)
I don't want to offend anybody but we found this little well bit funny! I don't know if the locals believe that its water is really holy.Related to:
- Budget Travel
We stayed here in mid Sept 2004 and highly recommend this hotel. The owner and staff are very...more
Attended a wedding in July 2010,also stayed in hotel.The rooms were excellent,our room was the...more
This brand new hotel is located on the outskirts of Tralee town in the grounds of the modern manor...more
Latest Tralee Hotel Reviews
- Ballyseede Castle
- 443 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 7, 2014
- Abbey Gate Hotel
- 140 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Barrow House
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 8, 2011
- Manor West Hotel Spa & Leisure
- 232 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2014
- Brandon Hotel
- 150 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 2, 2014
- The Grand Hotel Tralee
- 383 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2014
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Huge discounts - Book online!
- Hotelsclick.com The Best Hotel Rates on the Internet Great rates always include taxes. Secure booking.
Explore the World
- Waldorf Hotels
- Samatau Hotels
- Ko Sukon Hotels
- Ghazipur Hotels
- Keewaydin Point State Park
- Pulau Gaya