Siamsa Tíre, Tralee

by AR76
  • Sininen's Profile Photo

EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE

by Sininen Updated Apr 9, 2006

We bought tickets to the performance at the Siamsa T?re, the National Folk Theatre of Ireland, so we managed to see traditional dances after all. Before it started we had dinner and some rest. My friend took a nap and I wrote my diary until it was time to leave. We truly enjoyed the performance, which by the way was in Irish. We wouldn't have understood a word about it, but it was only dance and singing, so we could follow it anyway. The performancers were great indeed. There were some children, too, in the show and a couple of the girls were so good that I could well imagine them becoming professional dancers/singers. To my best friend's bad luck there was this elderly French couple sitting next to her, who talked all the time. She told them to shut up in every language she knows but the couple gave no notice to her whatsoever! If you've seen Riverdance to perform you can imagine the show we saw, though this was less professional. Anyway it's something I can highly recommend to anybody interested in the traditional music and dance.

First act covered summer and autumn and the second act winter and spring showing a circle of life in rural Ireland over a year of time.

• Music
    • Theater Travel

• AR76's Profile Photo

Siamsa Tíre

by AR76 Updated May 12, 2003

Siamsa T��re

The "Siamsa Tíre" company is Ireland's National Folk Theatre. Based in Tralee, the talented artists of Siamsa Tíre blend music, song and dance with theatre to offer you a night of quality entertainment.
    This summer, the company stages 4 productions, one of which is "San Am Fadó", dramatising a year (the four seasons) in the life of an Irish family.
    All shows are easily accesible to speakers of all languages as there is no dialogue, only mime and song (in Irish, but the mime and the facial expressions of the actors speak for themselves).
    Go and see for yourself!!!!!

• Theater Travel

Instant Answers: Tralee

Comments

Hotels Near Siamsa Tíre
4.0 out of 5 stars