Dolen's, Limerick

Know about this? Rate It!

• Dolen's
    by eme015
  • Dolen's
    by frankcanfly
  • Dolen's: Great place for good food, drink, and local music

by eme015 Updated Jun 29, 2011

It's a very typical, no frills pub but I've never had a bad time. I come to Ireland 6-8 times a year and always stop at this pub when I'm in town, I refuse to spend my evening elsewhere =) The food won't blow your mind, but it's damn good and hits the spot. Prices, to my remembrance, are good...but this is coming from a New Yorker so I may not be the one to speak.
    The neighborhood isn't dodgy.....it's just quiet. There's not much around there so you feel a little 'alone' as you're walking there. I've never walked there entirely by my self, have always had at least one other person walking with me, but never felt uncomfortable...but again, I'm a New Yorker ;-) If you're looking for live music though........you MUST go!!!! I always end up dreading having to leave and wishing all of my friends from back home could be gathered there with me, drinking it up with the locals!!!

Dress Code: casual....very casual.

• Music

• Dolen's: DOLAN's

by aileen30 Updated Jan 20, 2011

Excuse me people, it's called Dolan's not Dolen's. it's one of my favorites although it's a bit touristy.
    the area is alright, never experienced it to be dodgy. they have great live gigs and fine bar men.

• Kristina1701's Profile Photo

Dolen's: Another Irish Pub

by Kristina1701 Updated Sep 12, 2003

The Dolen's is another pub with traditional Irish live music. In my opinion it's not as nice as the Locke Bar though. Besides it's located in a "not so nice" area of Limerick and you should only go there in a group; we were told that it's too risky/dangerous to walk through this area all alone.

• Study Abroad

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Dolen's Pub

by frankcanfly Updated Feb 22, 2006

Great music here, and plenty of Guiness!!

Check the website for a schedule of live performances. Everytime I've been here, the local music has been great.

Instant Answers: Limerick

Comments

Other Nightlife in Limerick