Know about this? Rate It!
Cratloe Woods at Dusk
Cratloe Woods is located between Limerick City and Shannon.
From the top of the hill in Cratloe you can see the whole of Limerick City. This is beautiful, especially as the street lights start to light throughout the city.
- Hiking and Walking
- National/State Park
Marking the Limerick / Clare border are the Cratloe woods. it used to be an important lookout point when Limerick was ruled by the earls of Thomond (before the Brits took a fancy to Ireland ;p )
At the top of the Cratloe hills, Limerick city & the Shannon estaury is spread out before you. You should be able to see Bunratty castle as well. Watch this space for a photo or 2
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save Up To 50% On Hotels
- Orbitz.com Find great deals on Orbitz & pay no hotel change or cancel fees
Limerick Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Santa Barbara
- Whale Island Hotels
- Lac d' Ifni
- Saint Hilarion Castle Hotels
- San Pawl il-Bahar Hotels
- Dumfries and Galloway Hotels
- Isla de Fuerteventura Off The Beaten Path
- Donegal Off The Beaten Path
- Charlottesville Off The Beaten Path
- Port Townsend Off The Beaten Path
- Guadix Off The Beaten Path
- Cairo Off The Beaten Path
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Off The Beaten Path
- Blenheim Off The Beaten Path
- River Spree, Wannsee and Havel Lakes
- Algarve Off The Beaten Path
- Medellín Off The Beaten Path