Places to eat in Limerick

by orlikins

Most Viewed Restaurants in Limerick

Jasmine Palace: Check out there buffet

by SarahEire Updated Nov 28, 2003

If you like Chinese food then you are bound to like the Jasmine Palace.

It has very reasonable prices. It does a great all you can eat buffet on Sunday's (for around 16 Euro's) between 12 and 3. Make sure to make a booking as it is very popular.

The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• SarahEire's Profile Photo

Texas Steak Out: Don't miss out!!

by SarahEire Updated Sep 16, 2006

The Texas Steak Out is one of the most popular restaurants in Limerick. It is located on O'Connell Street in the City Centre.

It has great food at reasonable prices and friendly service.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Maryland is definatly my favourite

In fact I have never had a bad meal in the Texas Steak Out.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo

Finn's Bar: Best Pub Lunch

by RickinDutch Updated Apr 4, 2011

Finn's is open for lunch from 9:30AM to 3:30PM Monday thru Saturday. More than just pub grub, Finn's has a wide selection on their menu and has won many awards. Seamus, the owner (my cousin), was on the leading edge of the culinary revolution that swept though Ireland. He installed a worldclass smoke eating system long before the ban on smoking passed.
    Just some of the awards he has won:
    Club Orange - World Pub Lunch Award 2000
    Black & White Pub of the Year
    Recommended by Jameson Guide 2002
    BIM seafood Circle Pub Lunch Award 2002.

Favorite Dish: Southwest Chicken Sandwich & a pint of Guiness. If it weren't for the freshness of the Guiness you'd swear you were eating in Tucson, AZ.

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

donkey fords: referenced by the 'rubber bandits'

by sourbugger Written Jan 13, 2011

Everyone knows this chip shop in Limerick. It's very basic, take away only and not easy to find.
    It sells take away fish and chips cooked the traditional way in buckets of animal fats. Expect a queue, a bit of banter and a steaming pile of cod and chips.

Interestingly in Limerick the local patois refers to such establishments as 'batter shops' as in 'are yer goin down donkey's for a bit of batter ?'

One review I read bemoaned the fact that she had to buy four lots of fish for her family of three. Apparantly the fist time she took some fish home from Donkey Fords her cat became a pyscho mental nutter cat on speed until he got what he wanted.

Favorite Dish: ...dur...cod and chips !

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

cholat: Love the brown stuff

by sourbugger Written Jan 15, 2011

Just popped into this restaurant for a bit of coffee and a cake. There seemed to be very few decent places to get an afternoon coffee on a sunday afternoon around here - but we struck lucky here.

The ground floor area looks something like a smart bar with candles replacing the glasses above the bar area. The design theme was, not surprisingly, choclately brown. We ordered a couple of desserts. At three euro 50c each they were reasonably priced (this is rip off Ireland we are talking about here) and impeccably well presented - very pretty.

I had presumed it was just a damn good modern cafe, but when venturing downstairs to the bogs I discovered a quite large and busy restaurant. The decor was pretty much the same again with plenty of brown paint, leather (brown) and mirrors (not brown).

Looking at their website the mains seem to range between 10 and 20 euro. Looking at the tables whilst trying to locate the pissoirs the food looked good too.

Found the toliets. No brown.

Moll Darby's: The Seafood is Yum

by SarahEire Written Jun 5, 2006

This restaurant is top class. Ok so its a bit more expensive than the others in Limerick, but its worth it.

Moll Darby's has a great location on the river and it's so relaxing down there on a warm summers evening.

Favorite Dish: I had the Seafood Chowder to start and Monkfish with Crab for Main Course.

• iaint's Profile Photo

Panoramic Restaurant: Go for it!

by iaint Written Apr 7, 2008

The restaurant is on the 2nd floor of the grandstand at the racecourse, and for €75 per head you get racecourse admission and a 4 course lunch overlooking the action.

There's an outside balcony to watch the races if you can tear yourself away from your table, or you can come in and out of the restaurant as often as you want (to visit bookies, the parade ring, or whatever).

Tote has a desk inside the restaurant, and even sends operatives to your table to take bets.

Many TV screens so you can watch other meetings, the Limerick races or even soccer if you want.

Food was good enough by the standards of event catering.

It really is a lot of fun, and well worth the money!

Favorite Dish: Its not really about the food as much as the whole experience, but I enjoyed my roast beef, veggies and potatoes.

• Adventure Travel
    • Casino and Gambling
    • Horse Riding

• THE GREEN ONION: freshest ingredients, innovative recipes

by DEIRDREHARBISON Written Feb 14, 2005

I live in Limerick and this is my MOST FAVOURITE restaurant. There is a great buzz there, the ingredients are fresh and the menu is very interesting. A number of their dishes are available in starter portions ( which in themselves are quite a good size) or main course size.

I would recommend booking if visiting on a Friday/Saturday night.

Favorite Dish: It is dificult to choose one dish as each day their " specials " change. Their pasta dishes are very tasty, but so are their fish dishes.

• Women's Travel

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Waterman's Courtyard Restaurant: Try the Guinea fowl

by rexvaughan Written Aug 5, 2005

I have never recommended a hotel I have not stayed in, but this one is tempting. It sits on Loch Derg in Killaloe and has a fantastic restaurant. We had dinner with our friends from Limerick and the evening was outstanding.

Before dinner we stopped in the bar for a pint of Guiness, my second of the day. I am not much on stout but somehow in Ireland the Guiness seems to taste better. Maybe we just don't venerate it enough at home or maybe it really doesn't travel well as our Irish friends insist.

The restaurant prides itself on using fresh ingredients with no added coloring or preservatives and it shows in the taste.

I am not sure about the prices as our friends were such cordial hosts we were never allowed to pay for a meal.

Favorite Dish: A first for me was the Guinea fowl and it was marvelous - tender and juicy in a plum sauce. My wife had a really tasty steak and we had fruit tarts for dessert. Everything was well prepared, presented and delicious.

We also had some nice wine (French I think) which almost led to my downfall. My normal daily alchol intake is a beer or glass of wine. That day with my friend we had stopped in the afternoon for a Guiness, had another here and then a couple of glasses of wine with dinner. When I got up to venture to the loo, I was one wobbly old American. I did make it without falling however.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Merry Pedlar: Upscale Pub

by rexvaughan Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is one of three places to eat in the Castleroy Park Hotel in Limerick. It is about a 30 minute drive from Shannon and only 5 from Limeric. We met our friends there upon our arrival. We knew Pat but not his wife and children. It was a convivial place for meeting friends and making new ones. The hotel is also a conference center so there were lots of professionally dressed folks there but the atmosphere was nice and relaxed.

Favorite Dish: Guiness. Really I don't remember what I ate or drank but it was a good experience so I am sure it was all good. I would certainly go back.

• orlikins's Profile Photo

Captain Jack's: Captain Jack's

by orlikins Written Feb 23, 2004

Just was in town recently and our usual spot - Green's on William St was jam packed and we really couldnt face a long wait (fit to drop from all that shopping!) so we went around the corner onto Thomas St and came across this nice studenty coffeehouse on Thomas St. I must have walked past it millions of times in the past, but it just never occured to me to go in, it's one of those places. But I like the decor, it's dark, full of cute art students and the air is laden with the smell of fresh coffee beans.

Favorite Dish: Had a chicken & bacon wrap with coffee.

• School Holidays

• larx's Profile Photo

Jasmine Palace: The place to go!

by larx Updated Jul 31, 2008

On O'Connell Street, this restaurant is ideally located. Its a large Chinese resaurant with a very good rep, and its a good sign when you see many locals there nightly.
    A good menu well prepared and cooked, it should satisfy anyones pallete.
    Prices are above average for the city and wine is not cheap either.
    Expect to pay 35-50 Euro per person if wine and beer is included.

Favorite Dish: If theres a group, try the mixed starters. They will supply a mix of all the starters from the menu. Just tell the waiter the number of people and they will fit to size.
    I would also recommend the crispy duck as a starter-unbeatable!.

• BlueLlama's Profile Photo

Eddie Rocket's: Best burgers ever (so my boyfriend says)

by BlueLlama Written Jun 15, 2007

My boyfriend still raves about this place. Eddie's a burger place in the style of a US 50s diner complete with padded red booths and jukeboxes at each table. It has a good range of all the classics including sundaes, shakes and floats. Come to think about it, it wasn't so much a trip back in time to the 50s as the 90s, which is the last time I've seen a theme burger joint. And I can't think why - this is proper comfort food, served up in a far nicer atmosphere than your local McD's...

The food... Mine was very nice, but my boyfriend (who is a burger connoisseur) insists that he's never had a better burger and still laments the lack of similar in the UK! That's praise indeed!

Service is good and it's a nice place to read the paper on a Sunday morning too.

If you're looking for something cheap and speedy, give McDonald's a miss and try this instead.

Favorite Dish: Cheese burger - apparently the best in the world, though that may not technically be true!

I was also pleased to see fish burgers on the menu...

• matjung's Profile Photo

Bambu Restaurant: Asian Food

by matjung Written Jul 2, 2006

The restaurant is in O'Connel Street next to the Texas Steak House.
    The food is of Asian origin. I was there on Saturday evening at about 6 pm.
    The staff was friendly, tables where clean. The restaurant features a toilet seat for disabled (quite unusual in Ireland).
    Nice atmosphere.
    They always have some kind of special offers.

Favorite Dish: I took a three course meal (starter, main course and coffe).
    The food was good and a lot.
    If you're not that hungry, order one dish and ask for a 2nd plate.

• Castles and Palaces
    • Museum Visits

• the cornmarket bar: wow...funky fresh food has found a home

by prichard34 Written Aug 21, 2006

three friends and i had lunch in the cornmarket bar yesterday, and wow were we surprised. the bar itself is spacious , v modern interior and probably a little dimly lit for a lunch (it depends if you want to be seen or not i suppose). the staff were friendly and efficient. the a la carte menu had a nice mix of bistro dishes with some good veggie and healthy options, and the daily specials sounded very tempting. i tried the toulouse sausage, red onion and sweet chilli ciabatta. it came with a nice crisp salad( with couscous....yum) and wedges for E6.95and my company tried the tomato and roast garlic soup E3 or 4, the bruschetta( "the best she'd tried this side of Rome") @ E3.50, the Thai tofu curry with fennel rice and the cod cooked in miso with green veg and glass noodles. Our bill came to less than 45 euros and included four coffees. fresh coffee was only E1.20 a cup. i felt i was in a financial time zone. it didn't seem particularly busy and on questioning the waitress we were told that the kitchen had only recently opened. food is served from 12 to 7 and i will be personally endorsing it to any one who will listen. I'm going for lunch again tommorrow.

Favorite Dish: cant say yet...haven't tried them all, tho the guy's steak at the next table looked superb. I'll update this review when i try a few more dishes

• Business Travel

Patrick Punches Hotel
Two Mile Inn Limerick
1 Review & Opinion

Instant Answers: Limerick

Comments

Limerick Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Limerick locals.
Map of Limerick