Safety Tips in County Longford

Most Viewed Warnings and Dangers in County Longford

• Avoid this shop

by Mickobrien Written Sep 18, 2007

Mac Guiness Gift shop Ballymahon Street Longford. We went into this shop seeking out some souvenirs and were prepared to spend money there. I first heard the guy abusing a shopping colleague because she was from Northern Ireland. As she left disgusted he began on us. "Are you here for the banjo festival?" "Yes" "Well why didn't your wife get her hair done for it! This was the shop assistant and/or managers banter. We at last caught on to his anti- British sentimentality when he started abusing our Britishness and kicked us out the shop. I think I understand why Irish people resent the British,but I myself have Irish roots and have experienced life as a struggle. What an advert for the Irish Tourist Board to adopt in enticing British people to come and spend their money there. Anyway the other people I met in Longford were very nice and friendly.

• Longford City- Dishonest Merchant

by nstatepkwy Updated Aug 26, 2005

The person(I won't call him a man) who runs the Mac Guiness gift shop is a thief,a crook,a snakeoil salesman(means dishonest)
    He stole over 500 euros from my brother
    and I by not shipping our merchandise to us as he had promised. My brother has since recieved a refund from his credit card company but the whole incident has left us with a very poor opinion of the people of Longford. If anyone out there happens to know the address or website of the Longford Police Dept I appreciate someone posting it--I 'd just like to inform them that they have a thief in their midst.

Instant Answers: County Longford

Comments

County Longford Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of County Longford warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for County Longford sightseeing.
Map of County Longford