Ballycastle Travel Guide

Ballycastle, Co. Mayo & Slieve League
    by ladyanne

Ballycastle Nightlife

by Sar77 Written Apr 2, 2004

I loved this pub. It was the first place I went to when I arrived in Ballycastle and I ended up there for about 6 hours. I met so many great people and the bartender made sure to introduce me to everyone. Watch out for paddy the postman and the old drunkish dude with no teeth and an angry wife who calls his cellphone and doesnt like it when canadian girls answer it. .

Dress Code: anything goes...

Ballycastle Transportation

by Sar77 Written Apr 2, 2004

I was lucky enough to catch a ride up to Ballycastle--but the drive up the coast from Belfast to the Northern Coast of Ireland is magnificant. It is truly beautiful and worth the extra time that it takes. The bus is called the Antrim coaster and goes twice a day I believe.

Ballycastle Tourist Traps

by Sar77 Updated Apr 2, 2004

Paddy like to loor youngish, solo female travellers into his post office to buy stamps--and then he hopes to charm them with his witty banter. He will invite you for guiness and poker....but I didn't quite make it.

Unique Suggestions: He is harmless..drink the guiness and just make sure that the poker isn't the stripping kind.

Fun Alternatives: buy stamps at the shop across the road.

Ballycastle Off The Beaten Path

• ladyanne's Profile Photo

by ladyanne Written May 22, 2005

One might not take the time to explore out on this Co. Mayo area, but skip from Galway, quickly to Sligo and on to Donegal.

It was one of the most beautiful remote areas of Ireland that I had found. Thankfully we hap to come upon Achill Island where we spent our first night at "Wild Haven" Hostel. Traveling from Achill Island up the Co. Mayo coastal route which does take you more inland, you wonder where am I??? It is so flat and lifeless. But then you come upon the coast of wind swept ocean vistas that are breath taking. The cliffs and scenary are raw beauty. Move on down the road past the Ceidi Fields that look like a big mound of grass, but inside a museum of exceptional history, and you come to Downpatrick Head and then Ballycastle, Co. Mayo. Killala is next , which is a beautiful cultural feast of stone and village and then Ballina. I loved this area and can't wait to go back.

Ballycastle, Co. Mayo & Slieve League
    • Beaches

• ladyanne's Profile Photo

by ladyanne Written May 22, 2005

• Ballycastle Hotels

0 Hotels in Ballycastle

Instant Answers: Ballycastle

Comments

Ballycastle Travel Guide
Map of Ballycastle