Know about this? Rate It!
Parke's Castle is a little 1/2 drive east of Sligo. It's situated on a lake and there are some nice pull-off spots with pretty views along the way. The castle itself is kinda ho-hum. Nothing really fancy, but there is an escape route to the lake that's now overgrown with weeds. The west lawn is long and well shaded. You can walk through yourself or wait for a guide. The barn had an extensive display of horseshoes for some reason.
There is also a lake ferry that you can take. I believe it just goes out onto the lake and around an island and they explain what the island had been used for previously. I thought it was a waste of money, but surely could be a way to kill some hours if need be.
- Budget Travel
- Study Abroad
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Sligo Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Salt Point State Park Hotels
- Leuwiliang Hotels
- Gem Beach Hotels
- Hamilton Hotels
- Orlando Off The Beaten Path
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- Iowa Off The Beaten Path
- Munich Off The Beaten Path
- North Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Destin Off The Beaten Path
- Chiang Mai Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Berlin
- Cleveland Off The Beaten Path
- South Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Memphis Off The Beaten Path
- Prague Off The Beaten Path