Know about this? Rate It!
Parke's Castle is a little 1/2 drive east of Sligo. It's situated on a lake and there are some nice pull-off spots with pretty views along the way. The castle itself is kinda ho-hum. Nothing really fancy, but there is an escape route to the lake that's now overgrown with weeds. The west lawn is long and well shaded. You can walk through yourself or wait for a guide. The barn had an extensive display of horseshoes for some reason.
There is also a lake ferry that you can take. I believe it just goes out onto the lake and around an island and they explain what the island had been used for previously. I thought it was a waste of money, but surely could be a way to kill some hours if need be.
- Budget Travel
- Study Abroad
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Sligo Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Lazarat Hotels
- Bab Taza Hotels
- Provincia de San Cristóbal Hotels
- Jocotepec Hotels
- Newcastle under Lyme
- Del Rio
- Caribbean and Central America Off The Beaten Path
- Tripoli Off The Beaten Path
- Sóller Off The Beaten Path
- Johannesburg Off The Beaten Path
- On the outskirts
- Mont-Tremblant Off The Beaten Path
- State of Bihar Off The Beaten Path
- Gällivare Off The Beaten Path
- Naples Off The Beaten Path
- Tupelo Off The Beaten Path
- Boulder City Off The Beaten Path
- Hershey Off The Beaten Path